Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Opinion

User Thread
 32yrs • M •
Hyperbolic is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Opinion
Well, it is in my opinion that the being that set forth existance and all things stemming from existance the one we call "God" is an entity that, in our limited perspective, is inconcievable as of now to human beings.

I feel that the paramaters or lack thereof surrounding "God" are so far beyond our mental capacity that any attempts at understanding and then ,based on those skewed assumptions, forming a religon is blasphemous and incorrect.

If God is all knowing, then why must we burden him with our prayers and worship. If god is all forgiving then why must we repent for our humanity. If God is everywhere then why must we erect churches, temples, etc in his name. And most importantly, if God gave us the power of free will, then why must he test our faith?

That's a skewed quote from memory by a very wise woman, her name escapes my memory .

But yeah, those are just my thought as of right now in my life. Feel free to flame them, offer different opinions etc.

All Religons are just different opinions on the same thing.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything."
 31yrs • M •
jacisc0416 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
wat

"Time has fallen asleep in the afternoon sunshine."
 32yrs • M •
Hyperbolic is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
^---------

James Alan Carney

www.myspace.com/iamthepantheon

If anyone wants to know.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything."
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that New_Commer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Interisting Hyperbolic. To say the most. However, Your words tell me your thinking of a western deffinition of god. If we were made in his image. Then should we not have faith in our own logic. Since it's in fact devine?

""Faith in something or Faith in nothing. Either way its still faith." Roy Romano"
 32yrs • M •
But that is what i'm saying. If God made us in image to himself, then why would we need to prove our faith to him, if ,realistically, in the 90% of our brain we don't use we knew it. Then why would he expect us to show it when he himself knew we don't have the capacity?

33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that New_Commer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well I like to think that "god" is more or less the act of creation.
Your god is your father is his father is his father and gods image is that infinity incarnate through man. So, I mean, I wouldent think he knew we didnt have the capacity as much as ourselves know or knew it.

""Faith in something or Faith in nothing. Either way its still faith." Roy Romano"
 32yrs • M •
You make a good point there.

My only objection is that hrough studies of the brain we have proven that as of now we use less than 10% of it.

So what is held in the 90% of the brain that we don't use?

And my thought is the ability to comprehend better, but not fully, the idea of "God".

32yrs • M •
Thanks you New_Commer for the insight you have brought to my thread by the way. I appreciate someone who will actually discuss things rather than flame war them down.

Opinion
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy