Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What do you think about God?

User Thread
 33yrs • M •
llllJesusllll is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i strongly believe that there is a god maybe not called god but my meaning behind god is a creator of creation. This is what i believe to be God. The beginning of anythng everything nothing is God. This is how i percieve it. God started life and maybe things we have no clue about. The first thing ever started is God. And before the first thing thats.. God. I donno if this follows some religion but if it does then thats what i follow and if it doesnt well then this is my religion.

""What we know is....this life now. What we dont know....is our other life.""
 57yrs • M •
PoeticViking is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The basic premise of god and religion as a whole is built upon lies and is a danger to the future survival of our species.

"Vulgare amici nomen, sed rara est fides."
 74yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that The Real MacKay is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

DEFINITIONS

Belief:
   to have confidence in the existence of something, without absolute PROOF.

Creation:
   --- the world; universe.
   --- the original bringing into existence of the universe by God.

Religion:
   a set of 'beliefs' concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when
   considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and
   ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

Jesus:
'I strongly believe that there is a god maybe not called god but my meaning behind god is a creator of creation.....'

ANSWER:

What you or I 'believe' is irrelevant to FACT.

Your belief, my belief, their belief, etc. – cannot:

--- Create a God that doesn't exist.

--- Destroy a God that does exist.
                        ('God is dead.' – Nietzsche; 'Nietzsche is dead.' – God)

Belief is irrelevant to FACT.

Egoism and ignorance are the cause of human beings to confuse 'belief' for FACT.

Creation is an UNKNOWN.

Death is an UNKNOWN.

Human Existence is an UNKNOWN.

For millennium upon millennium, Mankind has argued about Death and Existence – without PROOF.

At best, all arguments are simply a mental exercise without a provable conclusion.

Yet, Mankind continues to breed and present this quandary to the next generation. That's selfish and fiendish!!!

YOU cannot truly answer the two most important questions (Death & Existence), yet YOU breed and knowingly condemn children to DEATH. That's maniacal egoism (abnormal).

NOTE: Don't take YOU personal, unless it applies.

Innocent Children should be the concern.

http://www.captaincynic.com/thread/20528/voluntary-human-extinction-move
ment.htm

PoeticViking:
'The basic premise of god and religion as a whole is built upon lies and is a danger to the future survival of our species.'

ANSWER:
Your statement is subjective and a 'belief'. Not FACT.

And you consider the survival of Mankind as meaningful. Essentially this means you're a Pollyanna and/or an egoist.

Innocent Children should be the concern.

http://www.captaincynic.com/thread/20528/voluntary-human-extinction-move
ment.htm

P.S.

'Vulgare amici nomen, sed rara est fides'
(Latin)

literally translated, means:
'frequently called friend, but the fidelity is rare'

"Diogenes (Sinope) Where Art Thou?"
 57yrs • M •
PoeticViking is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
For The Real Mackay

[quote]
'Vulgare amici nomen, sed rara est fides'
(Latin)

literally translated, means:
'frequently called friend, but the fidelity is rare'

Well to "literally" translate any language will lead to non-sensical treatment. Though I must admit I forgot to show where my quote was taaken from- Phaedrus, Fabulae, III, 9, 1.
Were you to read this you would get the proper context-"The word friend is common, the fact is rare."
Religion being full of lies is not subjective but quite factual and easily substantiated. Here is but one of the many lies. For this example I use Christianity. They teach that Jesus was a pacifist, turn the other cheek and all that other rhetoric. Are these the words/thoughts of a pacifist-"When the lord jesus is revealed from heaven with his mighty angels in flaming fire, inflicting vengeance upon those who do not obey the gospel of our lord jesus."-2 Thessalonians 1:6-9
Mirriam-Webster meaning of pollyanna-one characterized by the irrepressible optimism and a tendency to find good in EVERYTHING. Therefore I do not qualify as pollyanna and I think you were using your own "subjective assumptions". Also in order to be an egoist I would have to subscribe to egotism, which I do not.
It is a breath of fresh air to have discussions and/or disagreements with someone on an intellectual level and not have it degenerate into an exchange of expletives. Thank you.

33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that New_Commer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"God is the father." This is litteral and your god is your father is his father is his and this is infinity incarnate through mankind. If we were made in his image. Maybe his image is not the way we look but rather this infinity. Feel the now. Breath like a lion and feel your life and breathe the now.

If god is the Alpha and omega. The beginning and the end.
Then Nothing is just as much god as something. "Those who have faith in something and those tho have faith in nothing still have faith." Having this faith makes you spiritual, whether you believe in nothing or something.

John the prophet predicted the four horsemen.
Conquest, War, Famine, and Death.
I want anyone else to name anyway a society can fall.
You cant. He named them all but he is still considered a prophet. I am here to tell you that you and i are just as prophetic as john. THE UNDERSTANDING of what I say is not revelations but A REVELATION!
This is the testament of: Sanity101

Well thats my thinking on god.

""Faith in something or Faith in nothing. Either way its still faith." Roy Romano"
 57yrs • M •
So New_Commer immediately after reading your post I did have a revelation ! You practice tautology ! Have you ever even read the bible ? The four horsemen of the apocalypse are prophesized in Revelations. Your obfuscation is quite obvious as you mix your religious doctrines, i.e. Zen, Judeo-Christian.
I can respect another person's opinion until you tell me your opinion should also be my opinion. Rather presumptuous on your part. Then you step on to your metaphysical soapbox and state -" THE UNDERSTANDING of what I say is not revelations but A REVELATION! " Wow ! You do not sound as if you even understand what your writing.Then you top it off with the most ridiculous of all your statements-"This is the testament of: Sanity101." If you actually believe this I pity you ! It's more like Religious Indocrination Camp 101.

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ajax271 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I've seen six different religions over the years, and have finally settled on a mutation of Atheism- Physics and Mathematics are what I believe built the universe, but for those who have consciousness and a belief in a higher power, an idealistic role model figure (God, Buddah, Allah, whatever) has as much body in forming society as war and peace. A life in terms of beliefs and morality is a good life lived. You believe what you will, I respect it.

"\\\"Discretion in speech is more than Eloquence\\\""
 38yrs • M •
Skittzi is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The Real MacKay

I liked your writings on this post, but on the other hand, you said under the cannot section: Create a God, nor destroy a God that exist. Well my theory on that is, i believe that there is a God. On, the other hand, the same with death knowing that we have no proof on what it is really like other than what the bible tells us, but the only reason we have any clue about creation is because, we can see creation. Also, though in the very first creation time, or what is recorded by the bible for the very first creation time, Who is to describe what creation is, and how it really started, who is to say that a God has placed us here on this earth. Also, How can we trust the words from the bible, as we know now adays, about how one story turns different, in time as it gets to ten different people. So there has to be some false tales, and stretched truths.

"Life is but a dream"
 33yrs • M •
I didnt mean to stand on any soap box. What i typed was supposed to do what i thought it was going to do. Not so much give you revelation but inspire you. It is a thought that "The voice of god" is in fact inspiration. I see it very litteral.

""Faith in something or Faith in nothing. Either way its still faith." Roy Romano"
 57yrs • M •
You religious zealots live for contradiction and obfuscation. Your whole foundation is deja vu of an echo of tautological rhetoric. I mean that in the most literal sense of figurative reality.

33yrs • M •
Faith in nothing or faith in something. Either way its still faith. And its my thinking that nothing is just as spiritual as something because of that. Me thinking this changes my attitude a bit and i suppose this is the figurative reality you speak of.

57yrs • M •
" Bertrand Russell used to note that no one speaks of faith in the existence of such entities as gravity or electricity; rather, resorts to arguing faith occur only when evidence or logic fails."
Not everyone has faith in something. There is a paradoxical statement- Nothing is 100%, except, that nothing is 100%.

33yrs • M •
So your saying You do not have faith in your logic?

35yrs • M •
rhinogrey is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Faith in God is a faith that the Absolute will devour your imperfections, that the liquid ivory of the Fountain of Youth will rush forth to fill the cracks of your fractured soul.

It is human to strive for attainment of the Absolute, as a projection of reality's singularity, or point of completion. Your mind must reconcile its conception of the eternal Logos with its inability to experience it.

But such is not the case--for existence is doomed to be Incomplete. We are becoming God--if applying that tag makes it easier for you--but we will never know what it means to Be.

We cannot reject ourselves for a God. That is nihilism.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy