Jargon allows us to camouflage intellectual poverty with verbal extravagance. - David Pratt
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Eminem Schizophrenic or Bi-Polar or both

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Eminem's new album relapse I think makes pretty clear that yes he is schizophrenic. In the first song he starts hearing voices and he's like oh no not again. The voice is also clearly imaginary. Signaling that he's had another psychosis episode.

However there is also other evidence to suggest Bi-Polar such as lyrics from the song never enough.

I maybe a little too fast paced and racy
Sometimes the average listener rewinds and plays me twenty times
cuz I say so many rhymes, it may seem like I'm goin too fast cuz my mind is racing
And I could give a fuck what category you place me

With the suggestion of the mind is racing suggests he is bi-polar. As well the change of moods in songs from the way I am to songs like just lose it

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Certainly not the music I tend to listen too . . so accept my ignorance but . . . ChrisD, I agree which makes me wonder about J+J's comments?
Listening to the flow of rap isn't something I do but it did seem to have an objective that is easily cognitive to me. Past performances (songs) might not be as eloquent but does that extend some abnormality in his ability to process => reason?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm a pretty big Eminem listener. I got Relapse the day it came out, it is really dark. This song is a solid example of just how dark the album is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3hJqsgjtII. However, I feel he works a lot out on the album. Listening to the tracks that come later and hearing him express remorse and give insight into his thought processes humanizes the horrific actions.

As far as being mentally screwed, it's known that he's OCD and ADD which would put him statistically at a higher chance of having some sort of depression. Depression is (at least I think) bio-polar to a lesser degree.

I don't feel that he is crazy though. He was neglected as a child and has become exceptionally famous over the last ten years. Which I believe has deranged his thought patterns leading him to do things that he didn't want to, further leading him to addiction because he didn't know how else to deal with the regret and guilt he was feeling.

The quote Jacker has given has been spoken in sightly different wording by just about every decently famous/good rapper ever. Just doesn't strike me as something that should give reason to assume someone is truly deeply psychologically disturbed.

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
[  Edited by zachf at   ]
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Oblivion is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Something i have come to notice is that people refer to Shady differently according to what song is being talked about. When talking about Beautiful or Live for the Moment, he is reffered to as Eminem. But when talking about Kim or 3am, he is Shady. And this is done intentinally. I was talking to my black friend one day about 3am. I ask him "Aint that song by Eminem?" He says "Nah. THAT is by Shady."

Eminem is, hands down, my favorite rapper. And i am not a big fan of rap at all. That man has got some problems, but he somehow manages to turn that into fame.

"If You Aint Ammo, You Aint Shit."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm not saying I don't like eminem. I fucking love his music. What I am saying is that he suffers from schizophrenia. 1/3 of all schizophrenics are pretty normal people as long as they take their medication.

From the song blow my buzz D12

yo yo yo
Schizophrenia how many of ya got it
How many motherfuckers can say they psychotic

Many people believe that mental illness sparks creativity particularly Bi-Polar but so does schizophrenia.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pupa ria is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i don't think he is any of those...i just don't get it, there's a lot of hype going around madness, everybody is a self proclaimed lunatic and from there you will know that they are really not mad and they are just posing. if all cosmopolitan, industrial people where to be diagnosed we will be all bi-polars, it's our racy time that is getting into our heads, too much information, too much capitalisation, hollow images, empty messages. it's enough to stirr us up and turn us into manic depressives.

"I'm the mirror that will make you invisible"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy