Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Which bands did you grow up on?

User Thread
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pupa ria is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What was the music that your household have when you were a kid, what did you listen to? when was the first conscient musical choice you made and what was it?

i personaly grew up on a lot of french music from my mothers side, Pink Floyd and Queen from my uncle and Beatles from my dad. My first conscient choice was at the age of nine maybe, i loved the Swan lake by Tchaikovsky then came guns and roses as the first music i buyed .
how about you?

"I'm the mirror that will make you invisible"
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Oblivion is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I grew up on country. Thats always what my parents had on the radio when i was young. Acctually, that still aplies.

Unfortunantly, i was kinda hooked on Pop as well. Backstreet Boys, N'sync, Britany Spears. yuk. I cant stand them now.

But the first band i consciencely recognized as my favorite was Linkin Park. My dad also got my into The Who, so that is the only older band i like now, besides Bon Jovi.

But my dominant music interest remains country.
95% of the songs that come on the country stations, i know.
80% i know enough to sing along.
40% i know every word to.

Yeah, i have thought about this A LOT.

"If You Aint Ammo, You Aint Shit."
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pupa ria is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i wish i could dance on folk country songs.

eeh at 13,14 i was hooked to pop bands too like take that and ace of base

"I'm the mirror that will make you invisible"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that gazbollokface is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I will admit that I grew up on mostly Metallica, Manowar and Iron Maiden!

My childhood well wasted!

"People like me hate people like you!"
 29yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that forgottentruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i guess i cant really answer what i "was" brought up on but i guess i can say what im being brought up on

basicly anything really, rap, pop, rock, country you name it i probablly listen to it lol or if i havent listened to it i probably could...

"All we see or seem; is but a dream within a dream. - Edgar Allan Poe"
 31yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that XFreeGlowStickX is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I was lucky enough to have parents who raised me on that good music

Some would call it Oldies (:

"There is only one Happiness in life, to Love and be Loved"
 31yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that dirtxbaggg is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I grew up with a lot of people, conclusion: grew up on most music. It's all good. [:

36yrs • F •
jadah is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I ve been growing up with rage against the machine, nirvana, shakespears sister, all those kind of things then ofc classical music as my mom s professional pianist. And then in between EHHHH MAKARENA AHHHH AYYY

"Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose. - Tom Krause"
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I feel ya on this one Oblivion! Me and my younger sister used to listen to all that crap, N'sync, Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears. A little while before that my older sister had an Ace of Base tape - and you know what? I still like a lot of those Ace of Base songs, I think the singer is really good.

Before all of that, maybe when I was like 7-10, I had a friend that was that kind of friend was into fire and smoking oregano joints and climbing to the tops of tall, thin trees and then swinging them to the ground. His older brother was really into Nirvana and was trying to start a band with his friend. We would all be in one room and we'd jump around and rock out to Smells Like Teen Spirit.

I got really into AFI (how terrible they are now) at around the beginning of highschool and then got into that whole screamo thing for a while (Atreyu, Funeral for a Friend, Hawthorne Heights, Incubus.) At around the same time as I was into screamo I also started freestyling and listening to rap. Biggie, Tupac, Cassidy, Jadakiss, Papoose - this was among my most depressing times. Most rap these days is the most negative shit you could ever conceive.

Interestingly, my happiest times were when I listened to all those lame Pop groups like Backstreet boys with my younger sister. Everyone was happy in my life back then. In middle school and on into highschool I got conned into doing stupid shit for fucked up kids. I feel like I was brainwashed.

I don't doubt that the music you listen to at any period of your life is a reflection of your general mood and attitude towards life.

"The truth will set you on fire"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy