Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Are Ideology and Morality like AIG and Citibank?

User Thread
 90yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that coberst is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

Are AIG and Citibank too big and complex to fail?

Can our high tech capitalism, where extraordinary power rests in ordinary hands, survive such a situation?

How can capitalism adjust?

Are ideology and morality too big and complex to be encompassed by science?

Can our high tech species, where extraordinary power rests in ordinary hands, survive such a situation?

How can the human species adjust?

I am really only interested in this later sequence of questions.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Everything can work out just fine, we simply have to stop feeding the "elite" with our own personal power.

If we focused on cooperation over competition, we would have everything we could ever desire, except power over others.

But possibly even that, just not everybody, only those who truly wish to be dominated and led.

But all systems existing, capitalism included, are outdated and only exist due to the suppression of freedom through the restrictions of tapping universal abundance.

The only adjustment needed is the people's own realization of their own strength, worth, and potential, regardless of their current states of ignorance and apathy and degraded self images, completely fear driven and externally manipulated by the way.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 90yrs • M •

Darwin informs us that the species that fails to adapt to its changing environment will soon become toast. If we lack the intellectual sophistication required to make a science of these two concepts, ideology and morality, then we lack the sophistication required to adapt to our changing environment and thus will shortly become toast.

Any domain of knowledge can be studied in a systematic, disciplined, and empirical manner. Our educational system prepares us only to act as producers and consumers and not as sophisticated citizens capable of meeting our changing needs to adapt.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Darwin informs us that the species that fails to adapt to its changing environment will soon become toast. If we lack the intellectual sophistication required to make a science of these two concepts, ideology and morality, then we lack the sophistication required to adapt to our changing environment and thus will shortly become toast.

The entirety of the species is not at risk sir.

Certain "classes" of it are.

The science already exists and is commonly practiced in the form of Machiavellianism.

The only way for the endangered citizens can overcome such ruthlessness has in part to due with your next statement.

quote:
Any domain of knowledge can be studied in a systematic, disciplined, and empirical manner. Our educational system prepares us only to act as producers and consumers and not as sophisticated citizens capable of meeting our changing needs to adapt.

A domain of knowledge to be systematically analysed in such fashion must be both accessable and untainted.

Unfortunately, though at my job I'm audited regularly and tested on my standards of conduct, I can't walk into the Federal Reserve or the President's office, or the CEO of AIG and audit them or check their standards, nor can I expect an honest accounting if someone else claims to.

I don't know if your generalizations presume that there is no one or groups who have adapted quite well and tend the herds of sheeple our schools produce, as you mention.

The over complexity you give the "issues" of ideology and morality are simpler in my opinion.

They are matters of individual responsibility. Even collectively this is the case, even in the face of high tech capitalism.

What needs to dawn on those who wish to tempt fate and tip scales in dangerous unbalanced directions in order to gain over others is that their actions will eventually lead to instability and unsustainability both for themselves and everyone else.

This is of course mainly in reference to the masses and those who think they are close to the top of the food chain.

Because they need to learn that even though it appears they can gain something they are really only perpetuating something not designed to benefit them or the masses as they tend to think.

They are in a sense receiving compensation for aiding the design of their own destruction.

Those who have designed our current systems may be beyond saving on these matters. Which they and their systems are the next issues we need to deal with and systematically analyse after shedding some serious light on the matter indeed freeing some much protected information.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 90yrs • M •
>A domain of knowledge to be systematically analysed in such fashion must be both accessable and untainted.<

Ironwood what do you mean by this statement?

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy