Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Earth - food for thought

User Thread
 59yrs • M •
Bigearth is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Many of us have a view of The Earth, and how objects interact with it. And we likely rationalise night and day, and the four seasons of the year, by "seeing" the Earth spinning on its axis once a day, and orbiting the sun once a year.

But when we observe objects plummeting directly to Earth, we rationalise that by seeing the Earth as being still. (How else would they fall directly to Earth?) Could it be that one of these perceptions is flawed?

If you'd like to challenge the perception you hold about the Earth, you can get a free copy of "The Earth - how do you see yours?" by clicking the following link, http://www.thetimetobeisnow.com/Downloads/TheEarth.pdf

[  Edited by Bigearth at   ]
 43yrs • M •
Inkey1 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
This is a bit mind bending!

I think I get it, but I'm going to have to think some more about it!!

59yrs • M •
Bigearth is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Inkey1, if you have any questions, or need some clarification, just ask...

43yrs • M •
Inkey1 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I think I do get this.

What you're saying is that, based on the premise that we observe objects dropping directly to Earth, when we take into account the fact that the Earth spins at 1,000 mph at the Equator - then the objects we see falling directly to Earth must by default, be doing the same, orbiting with the spin of the Earth?

It really does fly in the face of how I've seen it up til now, but it is hard to picture!!

59yrs • M •
Keep on thinking... you'll get it!!

59yrs • M •
You swing me right round baby right round like a retro thing...

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy