We're not tools of the government or anyone else, fighting was the only thing I was good at, but atleast i always fought for what i beleived in. - Moonlightshadow
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Whats so appeling about drink?

User Thread
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ParallelShabba is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I've just been wondering recently whats so appealing about alcohol?

I hear people all the time saying things like "lets go get wrecked at the weekend" I just don't see a point to do it routinely just to get drunk. Theres no real gain from it, you can't think properly, most of the time you do something completely stupid, you take advantage of people or get advantage taken of you and the next day you wake up feeling like complete sh*t.

I just don't find it that appealing, I don't mind the social drinking just not the aim of getting drunk, it just seems rather...pointless

"If you try to fix violence with violence you do nothing but create violence"
 42yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pupa ria is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Wrecking yourself is appealing? hmmm maybe it is, alcohol is the easiest way to test your limits...how far You can go...and then your gone, nothing left of you but words that you yawn.

"I'm the mirror that will make you invisible"
 31yrs • M •
But theres so much easier ways of doing this such as working out or actual tests that doesn't involve "getting wrecked"

42yrs • F •
hehe, yeah but drinking doesn't require any discipline (it's effortless, working out does.

31yrs • M •
But the after effects require effort for you to actually move and go aout your daily routine and it requires effort to actually sought out the stupid stuff you did

42yrs • F •
the worst of efforts, it sucks the hell out of you. Some people loke feeling bad about theirselves...punish me plz, mental whip whip. meh, i don't know getting wrecked once or twice a season is fun but not each week-end, it's miserable.
In Russia they get drunk from morning to fight the cold ptsk...why don't they feel bad about theirselves? ...maybe they never get to endure a hangover.

31yrs • M •
Their russians they can survive anything xD

Yeah maybe but its the people who do it on purpose I really don't get they go out get drunk and think its something to do over and over again they seem to find themselves cool for doing it.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The reason people get drunk is to escape reality into another reality that has no worries, no problems and no cares.

Another reason which, you will probably find out later, is that girls are more interested in sex when their drunk.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chained Wings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So you're saying that girls get drunk to turn themselves on?

"When I was a child I flew! Then as an adult- I watched others soar."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree with jacker here drinking is an escape.

Just as any stimulant it affects your state of mind. People in these states are able to say, act and feel with in the context of their own minds with out consequences, but in reality there are consequences.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 42yrs • F •
very true Cryptic... but it feels good to say your truth once in a while. Alcohol is an excuse to say things we want to say but then again the bad thing about it is that people call you a drunk and never hear what you say, your drunkness is their excuse for not listenning to you.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What I find most interesting are the people who leave the emotion in until they are intoxicated and then release it and start crying and get really upset. It's like you need counseling this isn't healthy and it's also quite the buzz kill. I think everyone's seen that before it's an ugly seen and usually I try and get as far away from it as possible. It's ok I think to release your emotions once and a while intoxicated but I wouldn't make a habit of it.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
It's like you need counseling this isn't healthy

lmao

Some people drink to relax and make time go bye quicker or just to do something, but out of all the just passing time habits I'd avoid this one.

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Newemb is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Alcahol... hm well it's not tasty, but it works for me. I love it when am drunk. Just last night I was drunk and man how much fun did I have. For me getting drunk till you can't walk and speak like a normal man is release from eveyday life and maybe life it self. But again thats just me...

"You either die a hero, or live to see yourself become the villain..."
 30yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that tummy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think that drinking can be an escape if that is what your looking for, but its also a way to help you get courage to do things you would not normally do. For example if your really shy then down a couple drinks, and then have the courage to maybe ask out the girl of your dreams or perhaps your future wife. Just my opinion. Although getting completely fucked up, has no point whatsoever except for maybe what everyone else was saying using it as an escape.

"You see a mousetrap, I see free cheese and a fucking challenge!!"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy