Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Single mental move, or combo?

User Thread
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Black Gold is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I sometimes have trouble focusing on something I wish to give greater attention.
From a particular experience, I found simplifying my terms of focus, made it more effective.
I then noticed that when I listened to sound, I either listened to one sound at a time (& moving quickly to the next) or I would listen to quite a few sounds at the same time, e.g. a bar of music rather than just the one note.
I tried using both, and noticed the single note was more effective in accuracy or perception, and aiding memory. Listening to say a whole bar, rather than just single notes took less effort, in terms of registering...
It's something you can also apply to the other senses.

Try this for yourself... and, ask questions if you don't fully understand.
I would love to hear how you go.

"There is no negative one..."
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pupa ria is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hmm but isn't this like studying your courses word by word and not focusing on the general understanding of the course? it's like being a parrot.
there's also the gestalt outlook on this ( the concept of wholeness) . The whole is more than the sum of its parts, for example you cannot reduce a dance to each single step making it.

"I'm the mirror that will make you invisible"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Black Gold is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sometimes recognising the key words used is of great value, and looking at each, one by one, can help you remember the sentence.

I guess the method to me was to achieve each word first, then move on to the whole sentence.

When we are you we start with words, then move to sentences. Who is to say once we are older that we should start with sentences?

(Your thoughts?)

"There is no negative one..."
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pupa ria is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Dunno! understanding each word gives a more global and profound understanding of the sentence.
What happens to me sometimes is that when i dig deep into a word, the following comes intuitively or with as a sudden insight., as in one explaining the whole.

"I'm the mirror that will make you invisible"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy