We shall require a substantially new manner of thinking if mankind is to survive - albert einstein
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Unspoken Language.

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
Bucky is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The Unspoken Language.
For every aspect of how a person behaves, thinks or feels; there is a psychological opinion or outlook. My personal obsession, and it is an obsession, is body language.

I have never been taught what an action means when somebody does something. I choose the word body as it is their body that is doing it... Yet I have always known their thoughts at the time. Even if they didn't at the time.

Over time I have become more astute regarding the thought process, to the point me and one of my friends can laugh at the same time without speaking. Though he may not know where my thoughts are, I know where his are and we laugh at the same thing. Sometimes I ask the reason for laughter - seeking confirmation... one example being: "Remembering Gaz getting shot in the eye by that BB gun?" - He nods and laughs. He doesn't question how I know, we have been doing it for too many years. Gaz was shot in the eye by a BB gin over seven years ago, yet this happened only one year ago.

In other times: Gaz's ex girlfriend and I were on a park with her sister and my close friend. My friend and her sister were getting along great and I predicted they would get together based on their body language. They did. The girl and myself however, we played a game. I was to 'read' her mind. Based on the conversation and body language up to that point I took a logical guess at her thoughts. Her eyes told me I was right, so I told her as much, then the body language flowed and so did my tongue. After 2 minutes of telling her what she is thinking without reply her thoughts changed. I seen a fear in her eyes that told me she was wondering if I could know something she didn't want me to know. I smiled and told her: "Now your scared I might know that you ....[I told her the fear]..." I then laughed and said "No way its right, what a lucky guess." She wasn't amused.

Am I psychic? No, I am just very good at guessing. < Laughable no doubt.

More recent. I was celebrating New Year in a traditional way. Without sharing boring information, I will glance back in retrospect. Girl walks into the room and her eyes linger on me half a fraction longer than anyone else. She then comments to her mum and then smiles at me briefly before leaving the room. She was my friends sister. My brothers ex's sister. I failed to read the signs... A few hours later the earlier body language caught up with me, so I acted on it to see if I was right. I found myself suddenly in a situation I hadn't thought out. Having to face certain question like: "would we work, would I lose a friend and would it be too awkward..." I suddenly found myself back pedaling. Unfortunately time has no rewind button and I tried to fix the mistake of pushing her away.

So my obsession is still flawed. I am not perfect at reading body language. But I suppose it's only like someone telling you something and not believing them. "You are beautiful." To some people would be a cruel joke.

My point into sharing this so far is simple.

The proverb: "Actions speak louder than words." comes to mind, but I wondered if anyone else can read body language as clear as the written language. How much notice do you take in peoples body language. How much attention do you pay to your own?

Lastly. How much do you dare to believe when a persons body language tells you how they feel about you.
Whether love or hate... do you let body language change anything?

-Bucky. Curiosity awaits your replies.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"
 42yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pupa ria is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes definitely...I rely on reading body language to decide upon the distances i will break or build with a person. I find non-verbal communication far more reliable from whats being spoken. We have more control on our thoughts and less control on our body language ( so the latter reveals the real intentions, emotions). In a way BL is how you live and feel what your saying and it also says what you are not saying ( it can sometimes work against you, example, when u blush =P)

quote:
Am I psychic? No, I am just very good at guessing.

i think that the capacity of you reading those signs rely on how much you can project yourself, mirror yourself on the other.
To point out more on the importance of body language, i can refer to animals, speacialy pets( considering that you are in permanent contact with them). Our only way of communicating with them is through BL.
I personaly focus on postures, mouth movement and the eyes
to form an idea of the other person. My own usualy are voice tonalities, a lot of hand gesture, my facial expressions are more under control.

politicians work a lot on their body language

"I'm the mirror that will make you invisible"
 39yrs • M •
Bucky is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.

Thank you for the feedback.

You have gave me something extra to think about when reading body language... I will enjoy finding out if reading people becomes easier by this.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"
The Unspoken Language.
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy