Life is often hard. The blade is my only comfort. i used to rely on you, but since the last heartbreak i desided that my own blood, and my self are the only things that cares about me. - Blood_princess
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Time Gravity

User Thread
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Black Gold is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Time Gravity
Considering gravity can work in any of the first three spatial dimensions, would you think it possible for gravity to work in the fourth dimension (of time)?

One event of time gravity might be the linking of different happenings, (possibly regardless of location) like memories or premonitions...

Any thoughts?

"There is no negative one..."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
E=mc^2 Einstein's famous equation which shows matter and energy are essentially different forms of the same thing. Einstein thought light could create gravity. That means gravity can affect time, and light can create gravity, then light can affect time essentially.

I don't know much about the subject, but I read or heard this some where so maybe it's a start.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 39yrs • M •
Lachrymologist is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I can tell you that it has been theorized that yes time is influenced by gravity however I cant give you the specific names of the people who created these theories.
It has been theorized (Einstein??) that time would slow down as you approach the speed of light.
It has also been theorized that time completely stops inside of a black hole, obviously that cant be proven, yet, but yes according to theoretical physics gravity does effect time.
But also remember it was Einstein who proved large objects "bend" space, gravity does not necessarily pull, space "pushes".

Also, what is time without movement? If we measure time by the gravitational influence of the Sun on the Earth, then gravity is essential to time.

"There is no love in fear..."
[  Edited by Lachrymologist at   ]
 39yrs • M •
Bucky is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
CrypticTruth

E=mc^2 Einstein's famous equation which shows matter and energy are essentially different forms of the same thing. Einstein thought light could create gravity. That means gravity can affect time, and light can create gravity, then light can affect time essentially.

I don't know much about the subject, but I read or heard this some where so maybe it's a start.

---------
Did you know that Einstein worked on that for over 10 years and in actual fact he wasn't a genius. He was pondering over it and trying to figure it out for so long that eventually it made sense. He had no proof at all but he just KNEW that he was right. Thats the basics of E=MC2

Back to the point though.

Time like gravity is a source of constance. The more scientific you go the harder religion is to believe in. But ask yourself unanswerable questions and religion starts making sense.

Gravity of the sun sucks the planets into a galactic orbit. When the sun blows up the gravity well of a black hole replaces it. When the black hole shrinks (by method not caring to explain) it eventually becomes so tight and compact it implodes and a sun is created. The gravity is never ending, sun or black hole, in that same very spot the gravity is constantly coming in. It is a constant.
So where does it start? Where does it end? Will the cycle continue for as long as time? - Yes.

What is time without movement?

Time will exist as long as the sun and the black hole recycle themselves.

The fact then is that one can not exist without the other. Therefore, yes, gravity would effect time. If you could figure it out perfectly, maybe we would be able to travel through time. Or maybe we already do and don't know. Einstein may have stumbled onto E=MC2 by accident, but he is still a genius in my opinion.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"
 34yrs • M •
When I am saying I don't know much, it is just merely saying I am an expert, but I do read so yes I already knew that.

There is a fine line between being a genius and being insane

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Black Gold is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Was thinking about this again, and liked how this concept worked with another concept previously posted...

http://www.captaincynic.com/thread/78861/a-theory-on-omniscience.htm

I like how gravity pulls us together, and this may involve more than two people... In some cases, the gravity of two people either side presents a slightly different situation.

Furthermore, to consider other forces, physically or time-wise, in terms of understanding might be quite interesting...

"There is no negative one..."
 32yrs • M •
bswildman is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
What happens when you reach the speed of light? Everything so far mentions the approach of this speed, but not actually reaching it

34yrs • M •
Bswildman, we do not know what happens there are just theories.

One of the theories is the reason that things move faster than the speed of light i.e. (photons) is because they have zero rest mass. All other materials have a resting mass so it means they can not travel faster than light.

another is anything that contains mass that goes near light speed, would have one major problem, that is how would the mass stay together? Wouldn't there be varying speeds at the start of light speed that would completely destroy any mass. Even though the time references would be in the millions to billionths to... of a second. Wouldn't that be enough 'time' to separate a physical structure?

Time Gravity
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy