Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Being succesful and people that try to use you.

User Thread
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have been in business for myself for over 2 years now and I have been quite successful. I find everywhere in life (family and friends) there are people constantly trying to take advantage of me. Some times I give in knowing that they are doing but I also know that they REALLY need the money. Other times I say not a chance.

What bugs me is they they are only asking me because they see me buying all this extravagant items for myself and they must be thinking to themselves.....oh he has money he can afford it.

Fuck That!... I have worked very hard for my earnings and I am starting to get to the point where I am going to start telling them no you cant borrow money...and by the way fuck off and don't ever talk to me again.

Its a constant nagging on my mind every time I see these people I think they want something from me. I feel like they don't want to be part of my life unless they want something.

They will find out the hard way I don't operate like that, I wish they only could have seen that is what I was like before I was "rich".

Decius please chime in on this. I would like to know your thoughts about this subject.

39yrs • M •
Lachrymologist is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
First I think that you need to ask yourself the question of whether or not ALL of them are PURPOSELY trying to take advantage of you, or if after a few bad experiences with a few jerks altered your own perception, after all it is YOU who is perceiving to be taken advantage of. Undoubtedly there are a lot of leeches out there, but not everybody is. I would say, give them a little bit here and there, but not necessarily in MONEY, give them a relationship, someone they could turn to on an emotional level, and if they are not trying just as hard as you are to do the same thing back, then you have your answer before they ask you for money. In other words, open up.

"There is no love in fear..."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy