"Life is like a mirror; if you frown at it, it frowns back; if you smile, it returns the greeting." - Wyote
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The possible truth behind the novel Norton hears a who by the author and genius doctor Suess.

User Thread
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that nyrlathotep is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The possible truth behind the novel Norton hears a who by the author and genius doctor Suess.

A life is a life no matter how small. This is the main theme behind Norton hears a who. For those of you who do not know the story I will quickly sum it up. Norton who is an elephant walks through the forest and hears a cry for help. He finds the source of a cry and it is coming from a small flower. He comes into contact with a micro scopic species of humanoids called whos whom he rescues and befriends them. I won't go into too much detail about the story because I don't want to spoil it for any one who hasn't read this book.

The infinite is just that infinite which means infinitely small and infinitely huge. The word infinity could maybe be explained by a limitless mathematical equation which of course would be incomprehensible any ways. I think one of the only laws we could assume within our comprehensions of infinity is that all things that can happen will happen in all parts of the universe. So it is possible that as we perceive smaller and smaller pieces of reality we could find a life form similar to our own but down to a trillionth in scale. Now I understand that this story like the Vedas, the Bible and stories from Norwegian folklore though very well thought out and based in truth has some improbability's. Like Kangaroos and elephants living in the same part of the world naturally. Of course there is the fact that the whos culture and Norton spoke the same language. Let us not forget the improbability of Norton able to hear vocal chords 1000000000 sizes smaller than him, although if any animal could hear something that small it may be the elephant.

Think of the implications people. We need to start developing even more powerful telescopes and really study the smallest points of reality we may find life intelligent as or more intelligent than ourselves. Although there is a possibility that coming into contact with the who's could be a threat to our species. Let's say if they discover our existence and they have sciences that exceed our own petty discovery's tired of being carried around against their will they surmise a way to destroy us. Hmmmmmm.
Any thoughts on this?

"i have nothing original to say."
[  Edited by nyrlathotep at   ]
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
LOL

"The truth will set you on fire"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy