Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind. - Albert Einstein
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Mental Metamorphesas- A Cacoon Of Revalation

User Thread
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This idea just came to me.... To few times do individual step back, for an extended period of time, and reanylize EVERYTHING they feel and think...

It is not as if such a thing is easy, but, for the sake of progression, we MUST do this. To change. To not be afraid of anything. If we can adapt to anything around us, if we can integrate.... if we can "Change" nothing can stop us.

We are bodies, fitted with an infinite amount of room for mental equipment, and for some reason, sometimes, we are confident.

This seems juvenile to me.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Adam Seth God is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
o.k.

self analysis = break things down to their principle parts

self examination = detailed inspection of what is present

self correction = straighten yourself out

then engendered is self confidence

YEs.... most people shy away from this because well, if you happen to not know it ALL - you will need a sounding board or great advisor along the path of continual correction and progress...

how embarassing.. especially for all the mental giants out there..

you've been doing this thinking thing long enough to know - and in my humble ( yeah right ) opinion, you do a good job of it

I don't believe we're infinite knowledge batteries though...

It's a myth that feeds egos and overconfidence leading to the confusion that allows the three ruling classes to continue to rule based on the limited and basic formula for all human interaction - there are limited models and outcomes...

makes life simple and success a guarantee - if you just let go of the infinite crap...

if it can't be proven, why waste time on it... there is a system, learn the system and learn to work that system or it will work you over... paz'

fin'

confidence is not juvinile... it's manly - another aspect of our personalities subdued by the mythos of eternity in which we exist... eternity may exist... not a one of us will see it... you're too good for that crap man...

"\\\"The Empty Vessel Makes The Most Noise\\\" - Shakespear"
 42yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pupa ria is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
According to Jung individuation is ( issue of this thread) the aim of life. everything has it's quintessence and you gotta bring it out. positive idealism is always good to keep you going. i do tend to believe in this and yet sometimes i think that it's just self-entertainment. Within yourslef you get to be the king and the buffoon simultaneously.
i don't think theres something to look into, there is no "I", it's pure virtuality. you are a pedestal to the many "I"'s that will cross through you. "I am everyone in history" Nietzsche da?
i mentionned multiple personnalities in one of my lame jokes somewhere else. i think it serves for a purpose here. we have many voices inside of us the one that is heard is the one making life possible by giving u some kind of sense of self-ownership.
i'm not saying that introspection and insight are a waste of time, on the contrary it helps you to prevent waisting your life on the wrong person ( "false self" winnicottian concept) by finding your real voice.

"I'm the mirror that will make you invisible"
[  Edited by pupa ria at   ]
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Adam Seth God is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
~ Pupa Ria ~

I can geniuinely appreciate the finesse' with which you integrated your point of view with what has stood out to you concerning the issue at hand...

Experiences have also taught me that this "integration"
[ in an ideal situation ]
will carry consistently through ~ as the analogy expresses itself as a 'minute element' of an ultimately bigger and the most objective perspective obtainable...

at some point they had to address the breakdown of the Theory of Relativity, and Physics on the Macro Scale... Galaxy and Universe scales... ya' know what I mean,

I've fluctuated on the path of knowledge ~ into areas requiring more belief and conviction than the available evidence afforded - simply to continue the experiment, a degree of "trust" is required to establish ((eventually)) what we term as a "fact"...

Herein alone lay my one curiosity, in regards to :
quote:

i don't think theres something to look into, there is no "I", it's pure virtuality. you are a pedestal to the many "I"'s that will cross through you. "I am everyone in history" Nietzsche da?

At one point I've come to believe I may be able to prove that reality is a solid object...

Before that happens, can the weight and mass of so much material reality be considered "virtual"

all jokes aside

If we were to maybe agree - until I prove my own theories - that this is my "Out Of Body" experience ~ ?

All my stuff... by the definition of existence... is there
and I put it there - and everyone else is experiencing a universal experience and an idividual experience ~ simultaeneously...

by nature, since it's so consistent - many of us prefer to relate through metaphore... the language of dreams... the one thing in ones life that is ----

security, safety, (( and not because they're always 'pleasant' ))

merely a subliminal world, where the drugs in your body have been released allowing your body to sleep... only after you

fear or flight

feel safe... metaphore ~ in the voice of this "observer"

makes me smile just to write about... me

BUT MERELY BECAUSE IT'S THE DEFAULT LANGUAGE OF THE BRAIN when at ease... which it constantly is seeking out, ease...

doesn't mean at all that it is the reality itself ~

perhaps INTROSPECTION is a good way to weed through some of that NATURAL reaction... primal even... reaction to all those ancient hard wired fears...

which have developed elaborate defense mechanisms... like in order to keep the peace ~ or "ease" that it seeks, the person may have developed elaborate coping methods like

dancing around on egg shells for a woman who should be finally prepared for her chemical monthly imbalancing - menses -

we've even made it "chivalry" to do so - and if you can carry it off with a James Bond flair... well - let's just say you're one guy who doesn't have to look like him - it's very attractive

the self is a good intended liar...

but that's who it is ~ sometimes... a contradiction - very natural

It's also very natural to poop down the side of our leg and keep it moving...

eventually we socialize...

wonder how long it took to figure that one out,
all the while pretending you girls fury behind didn't smell like poop...

even pretending the little cave dweller smelled great...

eventually we convinced "ourselves" on every continent to
[ every now and again ]
just bring little stinky some flowers and lick her clean

lol!

which I don't do
... nor do I swim in poop though... which some men do,
and my 3 year old daughter has known not to even touch! her own! poop for 2 years or more...

some people dive right in, don't they - ?

Seems anti -social ized to me... then again - I'm starting to think I should start with the flowers thing... but only for the girls with a good healthy

brattitude

ha'

just makes me smile to talk about myself,
yeah, it's my "one" flaw

I'm going for either a cold shower or a workout... a good glisten, work up a good "musk"...

ha' ~ we are a funny being... bring her flowers but our stink is good to her..? I wonder if the chicken came before the egg ~ ?

we mate by intellect, or does intellect signal the mating dance to begin?
expressions of good genes... how good is she at picking out a real winner anyways..?
(((insert maniacal pinky and the brain giggle)))
and if she's so good at it, then maybe men aren't! that great in general - or has she merely convinced you that she's! putting up with you... when you're actually qualifying her

if you're an Alpha..
they wear designer jeans, ya know

paz'

"\\\"The Empty Vessel Makes The Most Noise\\\" - Shakespear"
 42yrs • F •
Designer jeans!... we all live in chinaland for all i know...so much for a global village meh?!

bark of the day : "It's also very natural to poop down the side of our leg and keep it moving..." + "just bring little stinky some flowers and lick her clean" dog behavior? Are you trying to sniff me Adam because I'm a newbie? No harm in that...as you say, eventually we socialize.
quote:
I can genuinely appreciate the finesse' with which you integrated your point of view with what has stood out to you concerning the issue at hand...

I'm going to be a woman now! and ask, are you implying that my post needed finesse to be integrated? Am I being a dead bee sinking in your honey?
I didn't read all your post (all apologies!) i just gazed at it. You see! I scanned the phrases "self analysis = , self examination =, self correction = and the most crucial one " there is a system, learn the system" and i said to myself "move on pupa, you are mathematically impaired"
...how the hell did what I say trigger your curiosity when you said the exact same thing in other words' the conscience is a good intended liar'...

As it comes to the topic and my reply...i changed my mind, I'm not an orthodox of my own opinions.
What if it's not a matter of stepping out as awakened wraith would put it 'to few times do individual step back, for an extended period of time and reanalyze everything they feel and think' I'm asking this: what if it's a matter of stepping in to yourself...
Introspection or extraspection? You are what you do or are you what you think of yourself? From my own experience and that extended time that I had to think about myself. I'll say that introspection is just fantasizing and it isn't really effective when it comes to mental metamorphoses. It's experiences that change us and our bodies think ahead of us (le moi-pensant). 'We are bodies, fitted with an infinite amount of room for mental equipment'. Isn't it more valid to rely on your experimentations to define yourself (your reactions in various situations) to define what you are? Rather than rambling yourself within your brain with the many people that you could become?

i don't think we can trigger inner change just by deciding on it (cause it would be an act of will and that never worked). Change comes out of necessity.

[  Edited by pupa ria at   ]
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"Change comes out of necessity."

I like this. I disagree with you saying we can't choose to change, because we do have the ability to change what is important to us. If I feel the need to change what is important in mylife, because it will make me happier, then I am changing out of the need to be happy, and doing so because I choose to.

I really like what you said though. Do you see what I mean when I say we can choose because we can choose what is important to us?

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 42yrs • F •
i think i know what you mean but i think that it depends on what it is and your relation/attachment to it. Some people are self-enslaved, yet they want to change but something pulls them back, take for example addictions ( i don't only mean drugs here, some people are entraped in certain kind of behaviors, attitudes...that they took as a reference for a long period of time). I hope we are on the same track and that i'm not derailed. All in all i think you are right, though i think that this free will requires emotional maturity, in order to make the convenient decisions. Some decisions do look like the right ones but they end up backfiring at you.
I may be over-skeptical, if you personaly believe that all you need is will to change, then be it cause it all comes down to Belief...you know that story about moving mountains eh!

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy