People come in to your life. People go out of your life. What always stays is you. - captain
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Losing Hope

User Thread
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Losing Hope
I was in a hospital today in a waiting room. I saw a older lady who was clearly delusional. Her husband was trying to help her and was only being yelled at and she treating his attempts to comfort her by accusing him of rape. Her family cared for her as well but she didn't remember a daughter and the son that was there was being treated as if he was 8 or 9.

The saddest part about this all is that this lady who clearly had lost all recollection of people who loved her. Had lost hope in treatment in getting better as if she had nothing to live for. She didn't want to be in the hospital, she understood where she was. She repeatedly told people around her that it was time to go home. Something about this scene made me really sad.

This lady had lost all hope and there was nothing anyone could do (at least as far as I can see). I'm sure people have dealt with things like this before so my question is what to do, is how I feel ok, how do I view such a situation?

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that DumbKid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The planet is not a fair place to live. Bad things happen, good things happen.

Loved ones die...

Its just the way the world is. Instead of allowing it to hurt you, accept it, and adjust to it, in order to be a happier person. To deny it as truth, I believe, will only cause you to view the world in a screwed way, less truthful, less honest, and more bitter.

61yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Tracer165 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You did the best thing you could, you had compassion. You could do and say all of the right things and still be unaccepted so don't let it get to you. Be happy you're not void of feelings. I don't know what you think about Jesus but look at His life. Here was one who knew all the answers and still people were always ready to stone Him. Don't be hard on yourself if you're not sure what to do in times like that.

43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that nyrlathotep is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
helpless people are sad to behold but always remember them and show others the importance of taking care of them. because we all have been and will be in a state of helplessness in our lives. I remember going to visit my grandmother in one of those last stop shops in the hospital. and as I was walking through the halls with parents in front of me i was stopped by a feeble woman in the hall in a wheel chair. She figured she recognised me and asked me to stay with her. I guess she had me mistaken for a family member and wanted to talk. I cant remember the exact dialogue but she was so sad and child like. after a half an hour of holding this strange womans hand and talking to her I had to leave to go and see my grandmother who was dying at the time. Despite how sad and confusing the situation was i was comforted with how natural it felt to give comfort to a complete stranger without having ot give any thing material. In my small experience with dimensia ive noticed that people suffering this condition have good days were they are suprisinly lucid. As sad of a moment that must have been for her and her husband it shows the dedication that one can have where love is concerned

"i have nothing original to say."
 39yrs • M •
Bucky is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
There is a film called: "The Notebook."
This if you have not seen it is a prime example of what you are talking about.
I suggest you watch that... The woman who had lost her memory never lost hope.

I could never share anything greater than what the film offers in regards to your question on this specific subject.

- Bucky.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"
 30yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PIGGZY is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ALL HOPE IS GONE

"i am a coconut short of a banana tree"
Losing Hope
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy