Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

unity

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
passion4poetry is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
unity
Unity

I am an African American young woman and today I am sad

It hurts to think trails and tribulations my people went through because of the color of their skin

It hurts even more knowing that I'm just an outsider looking in

I can't change the past nor can I rewrite history But that doesn't change the fact that my heart aches and my soul weeps in the presence ancestors misery

And I will never fully comprehend that feeling complete destitution for I have never been torn away from my home land ripped apart from my family and all the people I've come to trust

I have never been thrown into a life of servitude force to work in a cotton field from dawn until dust

And I will never know the pain of having my freedom stripped away from me or even worse being born into a life of slavery

And yet when I imagine such a fate being dispersed among the young and old African American men and women of the past

My soul seems to grieve with an anguish that never dims or fades it just seems to last and last and last

Even though today's society would prefer to mask rather than acknowledge not necessarily bask in the birth defect that is our history and when I say our history I am not referring solely to the history of blacks or the history of whites for in my eyes the two are so completely intertwined that it almost impossible and extremely improvable to draw a recognizable line.

And when I say our history I mean our history Your as well as mine call me color blind but under stand this I have reached a divine since of understanding and it feels great.

For my eyes our no longer clouded by hate I no longer wake up feeling irate whether it be blessing or fate the knowledge bestowed upon me has opened a gate and I just want to let it out.

Listen to this poem not with your ears or your mind but digest it with you finger tips let these words caress your lips as they spill from your tongue healing, uniting fighting as one refusing to settle for a world divided by underlining segeration voicing the hope of a complete innovation Not through denial or reverse discriminition but pushing forward toward a new destination

It is not idealistic to say that today is the day where we can stand strong united as one remembering our history in away that does not breed shame and animosity but promotes unity

Abrahm Lincoln and Dr. Martin Luther King shared the same dream

And now we must strive to keep there message alive

"Never underestimate the power of words"
unity
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy