Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

DO YOU BELIEVE IN DEATH

User Thread
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Squarepants is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
DO YOU BELIEVE IN DEATH
Me and a few of my work mates were talking about wether they believe in an after life or not and then one of them asked me 'do you believe in death'. When he asked me that question it hit me that death is an idea of the living.

I might notice someone to be moving around and then next they have a heart attack and die. People are not aware of their death. But if death is eternal how can we be aware of here and now. I feel that our sense of awareness is beyond simple brain matter

"I hungry"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This reminds me of a strange recall of an experience I had with Salvia Divinorum.

I knew for a fact I was alive, but at the same time it felt like I was dead or dying. It really didn't feel entirely different. Which got me thinking, could it work the other way around - as in - when you are dying or dead, does it feel like you're alive or living?

It sure seems so.

I would like to believe that people's understanding of death is completely wrong, and I'm right, but that's for the observer alone to experience that. A very well kept secret, if you ask me.

I think the word death should be universally known and redefined as a new beginning, not an end.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 69yrs • M •
Wagggggy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I believe we were put on this earth to die. When you really think about it, it's the one thing every human WILL do eventually. As we live we develop are soul, and when we die our soul is set free. But where free is we won't know until our time comes. (Maybe it's heaven)

42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wooly Bully is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
TO: squarepants

Ah, work mates, they do ask some thought provoking questions.

It should be noted that 'Death' and 'Life' are an UNKNOWN. It's not possible to 'know' what this existence is (or isn't). It's all theory (conjecture).

The rest of your statement is subjective, and my intent is to be friendly, therefore I'll offer you this FACT:

FACT:
Human Breeders.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action: 238,753 global births (after deaths) 'per DAY'. That's insane!!!

You in turn can 'dazzle' your work mates with this thought provoking FACT.

In addition, I'd like to offer you an idea that is befitting your inquisitiveness. I do so with the utmost 'Respect' and friendly intent.

Therefore, I request you read the following quotes. The ideas and wisdoms presented by these authors have proven valuable to me, and maybe you'll enjoy some of them.

You have my apologies in advance if you're offended by my forwardness of offering you other 'food for thought'.

I'll continue my statement at the end of the quotes.

'The Cynics are right nine times out of ten.'
- H. L. Mencken

'In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's mind there are few.'
- Shunryu Suzuki

'Personally, I'm always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught.'
- Winston Churchill

'Sit down before FACT as a little child, be prepared to give up every preconceived notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abysses Nature leads, or you shall learn nothing.'
- Thomas Henry Huxley

'Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.'
- Leo Tolstoy

'Most people say/think...' – That's your point? How naïve, since most people are of limited intellect and undereducated.
- Albert Einstein

'The beginning of Wisdom is: Acquire wisdom, and with all your acquiring, get understanding.'
- Proverbs 4:7 (New American Standard Bible)

'All Truth passes through three stages. First, it's ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Then, with great fanfare, it is accepted as being self-evident.'
- Arthur Schopenhauer

WOOLY BULLY:

FACT:
Human Breeders.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action: 238,753 global births (after deaths) 'per DAY'. That's insane!!!

If you fail to 'properly research' VHEMT (this means hours, not minutes) – then the reality will be that you're doing a disservice to yourself, children, and Earth with its millions of creatures.

'Thank You' squarepants for allowing me to share an idea with you.

'May your path be straight, and your stumbles few.'

Voluntary Human Extinction Movement (VHEMT)
(www.vhemt.org)

Welcome!
You can relate to VHEMT in one of three ways: Volunteer, Supporter, or Undecided.
(www.vhemt.org/join.htm)

VHEMT Volunteer:
'All of us should voluntarily refrain from reproducing further, thereby bringing about the eventual extinction of human beings.'

VHEMT Supporter:
'Intentional creation of one more of us by any of us is unjustifiable at this time. Extinction of the human species goes too far.'

Undecided:
'Stop trying to put words in my mouth. Maybe I'm a Volunteer, or maybe I'm a Supporter. I'd like to know more before I decide.'

'Quarrel not at all. No man resolved to make the most of himself, can spare time for personal contention. Still less can he afford to take all the consequences, including the vitiating of his temper, and the loss of self-control. Yield larger things to which you can show no more than equal right; and yield lesser ones, though clearly your own. Better give your path to a dog, than be bitten by him in contesting for the right. Even killing the dog would not cure the bite.'
- Abraham Lincoln

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself."
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pupa ria is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I believe in death, it's the only sure thing but i don't believe what it stands for: the end. If everything in life is in becoming then death is just the exit from the labyrinth into something different, into our essence. That's what i believe.

"I'm the mirror that will make you invisible"
 31yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that dirtxbaggg is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I believe that none of us are really alive. Were here 'living' but at the same time, were not alive at all. Like in a video game, were just characters. ^_^

32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ScottxBadass is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I believe that death is just us leaving
this world and entering a new one.
In my opinion,
When a person dies, I believe that they
just enter a state of mind. That state of
mind depends on what a person believes
happens to them after they die. If you're
christian and feel you've been good and
that you will go to heaven, then you will enter the
state of mind in which you are in heaven.
That heaven is what you truly believe
it is. Same goes if you believe you will
go to hell. You're definition of hell is where you
will go.

67yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that The teacher is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have talked about this in other post. lets see if anyone is listening here.

For some reason, nobody is responding to my post.

Pay attention and try to follow me here. It's hard to talk to sleeping children.

I want to state some facts, these are not opinions. I know that was redundant, but I was trying to make my statement clear.

The whole world dwells in darkness.

We all sleep.

We are all dead.

Their are no exceptions.

Sleep and death are the same thing.

If you were to die in this reality right now, the dream,or nightmare, you are having right now, would simply change to a different dream.

We all remain in this dream until we wake up.

We all will wake up.

We will wake up, and enter the DAY OF THE LORD.

THIS IS THE DAY THAT THE LORD HAS MADE, WE WILL REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN IT.

I am speaking to the CHILDREN OF LIGHT.

You don't know who you are yet.

This is about to be revealed.

One day with the LORD is as a thousand years.

A thousand years is as a day.

I could go on like this forever, but I wont. Is anybody paying attention yet?

O K , At this point you can go on ahead and close your mind, and go somewhere else, and talk to someone ignorant about something stupid, or you can pay attention, and allow me to tell you how I know what I'm saying is true.

Are you still hear? Like I said, It's hard to talk to sleeping children; especially when you are trying to wake them up, so they can see the dream. I'm talking plain penguin ( Happy Feet ).

Let me tell you a little about my soul mate.Her name is Lisa.

Lisa has the ability to see in the darkness. God shows her things in the darkness. She has the ability to read people. You cant hide from her. She can see through you. She can look in your eyes, and see the evil or the good.
Lisa can also see people who have passed from this dream realty into the next. She can see dead people. She has always seen dead people, even when she was a child, as far back as she can remember. Lisa doesn't tell many people about it, you know how people are, they would think she was crazy.

Now before you close your mind, and dismiss what I'm saying, allow me to tell you a story.

After Lisa's mother died, we moved into her mothers house. It was the house Lisa grew up in.Shortly after we moved in, we were sitting in our bedroom one night and out of the blue Lisa says to me, your mother just came into the room.

Now keep in mind, Lisa and I had only known each other a few months. My mother had died a couple of years before we met. Lisa had never even seen a picture of her. This is the first I knew about her ability to see dead people.

I know for a fact it was my mother, she hadn't changed a bit. She still had her smart ass humor. She really liked Lisa, I totally knew by what Lisa was telling me, my mother was saying, and the way she was saying it, also Lisa described how she looked, My mother was in the room.

About a month later, Lisa saw my dad come into our room. We had a picture of my dad and his four older brothers, when they were young, hanging on the wall. I really liked that picture of them. It was black and white, and they looked like a bunch of rowdy outlaws. Lisa said my dad walked over to the picture with an angry look on his face, he was pointing at it and mouthing something she couldn't hear. Then he walked over to Lisa and pointed at her and said, " It's your fault that I'm here". Lisa told him, hey I don't even know you dude.

Now, I knew my dad had an inner hatred toward his his older brothers, because of the way they abused him when he was little, after his father died.

When my dad died, he believed he was a monster, because of somethings in his past. He was a bit fucked up in the head about how he felt about himself. He got over this later.

My mom came and went a few times over the next few years. But Lisa had not seen her mother or father, since they died. Lisa's father died when she was six.

Then one day, My mom and dad, Lisa's mom and dad, and Lisa's aunt, who had recently died, all showed up together, and they knew each other. They were cutting up a little with each other, with some smart ass remarks.

I don't know where they are, or what they are doing. but they have to be somewhere, for them to have gotten to know each other. They are all connected to Lisa and I by the heart.

We are not the center of their world either. They only show up occasionally. But they usually showed up when they sensed a disturbance between Lisa and I.

It's also interesting, in this reality, my mom and dad were divorced, both were remarried, both of there other spouses had died, but they were back together.

Lisa's mother had remarried after her father died, but she was back with Lisa's father.

In the eternal we all have a soul mate, They are our other half. The one we choose to share our reality with in infinity.

We could tell many stories about people Lisa has seen, but this is one of my favorites.

We were living in an old house, that used to be an inn and stagecoach stop sometime in the eighteen hundreds. It was night out and we were walking towards the back door. All of a sudden Lisa saw this couple starting to walk up the steps. The lady had on one of those dresses, that poofs out in the back. They were dressed up like they had been out on the town.

When they walked by Lisa, The gentleman reached up, tipped his hat slightly and nodded towards Lisa. The lady looked at Lisa with one of those looks that says " bitch". Then they both looked ahead and walked on up the steps and into the house.

We went on in the house, but we didn't see them again. One other night, we were sitting in our bedroom with the bedroom door open. Lisa saw this tall black man, waring a wide brimmed hat, walk by our door, out in the hallway. As he walked by he looked over at Lisa. Lisa told me he looked really evil She just ignored him.

Lisa can tell if the people she sees is evil or not. If they are evil she just ignores them.

That reminds me of a time, we were walking by this old abandoned brick warehouse, with a lot of broken windows. Lisa saw this really evil looking man in one of the windows. He was reaching his arms out of the window, and yelling something at her.He really gave her the creeps.

A few weeks latter, we were walking by that same building. Lisa saw a little girl, about six years old looking out the window and waving at her. about that time that same evil looking guy came up behind the little girl and smacked her away from the window.

We found out a few months later, that a little girl was killed in that building.

Well that's all I have to talk about for now. If you want check out some of my other post

"It is the time of the reveiling."
[  Edited by The teacher at   ]
 30yrs • M •
Ieatbabies is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
With life comes death.
This is evident in all aspects of life. Stars emerge from gas, glow in the night sky, and then one day die. Humans are born, live their lives, and one day are to die. Death is inevitable. It's just a matter of how long one can avoid it.

But I also think that with death comes rebirth. No, I'm not necessarily saying that after we die we are reborn. What I am saying is that when one person dies, another is born. Life goes on. Life is a cycle that has repeated itself since the dawn of time in every single possiblt aspect of life. There is no way to avoid this fact.

"Even at our swiftest speeds, we couldn't break from the concrete. -Death Cab For Cutie"
DO YOU BELIEVE IN DEATH
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy