Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get? - daisygirl
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Will the Downfall of Society Save Us?

User Thread
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Black Gold is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Where you can everything you need without ever leaving the house, from work to food and other household products, internet banking and the ever expanding service industry...
If an end comes to all this, will it save us, by forcing off the arm-chair, out of the house, and blinking at the Sun?
Perhaps all that can save us is a more evenly structured society that could possibly see people's health (both mental and physical) improve...
Your thoughts? (and expansions...)

"There is no negative one..."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think society as it stands today must fail in order for a new one to take its place, yes. There are too many people afraid of change, who will suffer through depression just because of the familiar atmosphere.

This thread reminds me exactly of the video Wyote posted - the second zeitgeist movie - that it must be shown to the people that aspects of our society and culture as a whole does not work for the future that lies ahead.

Money, first and foremost, needs to be eliminated. All of our troubles seems to stem from this single means of slavery. We can't even think about having food, medical care, or other living necessities without worrying about how much money it costs. Which is a very sad thing, because if we even plan on advancing as a civilization, we must establish a system that exceeds these barriers.

Basic living essentials should be automatically provided to all those who walk this earth regardless of where you live. Our primitive class structure needs to be eliminated if we wish to truly work as one. Believe it or not, we're coming to a point in our technology to where we going to be able to inhabit near by planets and so forth.

How do we expect to survive, if we can't even get along with each other? I'll tell you one thing, we'll either have to leave this planet with the mindset of domination and destroying , or we'll leave with the mindset of co-existing and replenishing. I would personally appreciate the ladder of the two.

The way we live now will not be tolerated throughout the universe. ESPECIALLY if there are other beings out there that are thousands of years our elder... they'll be knocking us off our high horse real quick if we go stomping around with our attitude.

Our whole mindset must change, as a world, not just as a nation. That is, unless one nation takes claim over the world. Either way, we all have live our lives with the intention of peace and positive progression in order to survive.

Its sad I have to say, that most people just won't accept it. Only when something disastrous happen, do people really see it in themselves to change for the better. But for this magnitude of change, something must equally be destroyed...

I really hope people won't let it have to come to that...

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy