Do what makes you happy. For those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr Seuss
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

A few question, interested in everybody's opinions

User Thread
 34yrs • F •
Eka is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Is the real world really real? Is reality real? Can it be that it's all just illusion? What is our purpose of being here? Why are we here? What is hiding in the dark and unknown corners of our mind? Is my mind the most powerful thing? Is it stronger than anything invented by humans?.....why do we have to follow all the moral rules that society imoses on us. I will be agood citizen if i will follow them, says who? I won't be even myself....Why is it considered "good" to be faithfull and "not good" to be unfaithfull"?Why do I have to limit myself? I don't want to hurt anybody, I just want to live my life the way I want. Why am I not allowed?.... I'm sorry, that's a lot of quetion.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you dig around this place, you will find the answers you are searching for.

Happy hunting!

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that NATuralMan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I drink, therfor I am.

51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Some more questions to get you started;

Religion - What does faith ask of me?

Science - has information replaced faith?

Technology - does it enslave or set us free?

Philosophy - What is the sense of being?

Psychology - Can we account for consciousness materially?

Ethics - On what is moral value based?

Aeshetics - What is the use of the imagination?

Politics - is violence justified by commitment to freedom?

History - What are we progresing into?

They might keep you going for a while.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that NATuralMan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sorcerees, you should seperate Religion and Faith perhaps.

Faith is the inate knowledge, "truth", of one's Deity. It is the personal relationship of mutual love, respect, and support.

Faith is NOT open to corruption from outside sources, and a strong Faith is unshakable even in the face of self-questioning and doubt.

Religion is the way in which one shows their devotion to Deity, mostly to others of the same Faith. but to one's self as well. Religion contains the moral set, dictated lifestyles, myths and mythos, etc.

Religion, being a source of theopolitical Power, is absolutely open to, even inviting, demanding, of corruption.

Science can indeed disprove Religion, as it is a matter of stories, but science cannot disprove Faith.

36yrs • F •
passion4poetry is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Have you seen one two many episodes of the matrix lol no but seriously I think we all wonder that some time and the truth is these are question that don't have answers and you'll drive your self crazy tyring to figure it out all we have to go off are theories and opinion but who can really say some times I eel so trapped inside my own skin and I wonder why the hell is this body and when it dies will the essence that is me be lost with it and the truth is I'll find out when that happens so this is going to be really messed up but maybe you won't get your answers until the question no longer matters

"Never underestimate the power of words"
 43yrs • M •
Theophylaktos is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I think the mind is the most powerful thing in the world, and i don't know if it is real or not but i believe you can change the world with just using your mind. Not like moving objects but you can use your mind to control things and change things and affect others.

45yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that jamie whodunnit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think everything is real because the only real thing I know is that i can touch and feel things like pain and pleasure. i think everything comes from that. everything you can and can't do comes from everything tangible.

38yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that EOTW is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Is the real world really real?
It's a real illusion.

Is reality real?
Be definition.

Can it be that it's all just illusion?
It's a real illusion, I said.

What is our purpose of being here?
Learning to spell correctly, for one.

Why are we here?
To prove redundence.

What is hiding in the dark and unknown corners of our mind?
Your fears.

Is my mind the most powerful thing?
For illusion, yes.

Is it stronger than anything invented by humans?
Wiser, not necessarily stronger.

.....why do we have to follow all the moral rules that society imoses on us.
You do. I don't.

I will be agood citizen if i will follow them, says who?
You are the only one that is here. Until you know this you are lost.

I won't be even myself....Why is it considered "good" to be faithfull and "not good" to be unfaithfull"?
That's what you were taught. Don't believe what you were taught if it doesn't match your reality.

Why do I have to limit myself?
Because you don't know how to control your power yet.

I don't want to hurt anybody, I just want to live my life the way I want. Why am I not allowed?
If you are not hurting anybody then you are not living.

"Nothing Happens On The Internet."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy