The trouble with wanting something is the fear of losing it, or never getting it. The thought makes you weak. - CrAzYWhiteGirl
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

DownTown

User Thread
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
DownTown
A thread about particular places in the Global Village . . . in a sense a walk about the locale

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 72yrs • M •
Once in awhile I like to go out just to do some shooting, no reason or ulterior motive just the desire to be apart of the scene so to speak. A couple of different events were scheduled but I showed up too late . . . they were either already packed up & gone (1) or were in the process at the other. So I decided to walk around & stopped to take this shot.

72yrs • M •
The (odd) funny thing about it was as I finish this shot, I became aware of someone singing?
No music playing just a voice flowing from the nearby park . Standing there listening, I couldn't help following the compulsion to take the shot.
You could call it ' Acappella in the Park', I called it . . .Acappella in Nature

72yrs • M •
As some may have noted I tend to like understanding aspects of technology especially older technologies . . . their advent in society is directly related to use of such technology but to a large extent advancement is determined by the inability of society as a whole not understanding the technology.
quote:
This is a (b&w) TMax 400 4x5 sheet film exposed with a 1950's Polaroid land camera. The Model 95A has a rather unique (limited setting) film which makes using it a real challenge . . . besides having to load / unload individual sheets in the dark.

I found that metering with the EV setting superior for converting exposure settings which is a real factor in film (ASA) transformation.

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 72yrs • M •
Hmm . . . nobody jumping on the statement?
quote:
As some may have noted I tend to like understanding aspects of technology especially older technologies . . . their advent in society is directly related to use of such technology but to a large extent advancement is determined by the inability of society as a whole not understanding the technology.
So I should perhaps make further explanation of the stated view? . . . relating it to the computer or perhaps the automotive industry might be helpful. A simple statement that as digital technology replaces film, it is directly related to the computer industry . . The greatest aspect of PC usage is that (Windows) programs require little knowledge computer languages (programming). So as the automotive industry, one doesn't require skill as a mechanic (knowledge, tools & interest) to own or operate an automobile. A similar statement can be made about photography.
quote:
My sister showed quite a flair for photography in her youth. I have some of her old work done with her little Browne (Kodak) camera. She showed a real potential but the desire was not there.
This I learned a few years ago when at a family (holiday) dinner, she approached me with her disposable point & shoot (35mm.) camera to take some photos for her as she was busy with preparations for the meal. when I dropped off my film, I dropped off her camera. when I pick up the photos, I was astounded to find that several holiday's were among her shots . . . probably spanning more than one year!
Thus the implication that to advance a technology one must promote an interest in usage (consumer interest) & readily usability by inexperienced (novice) consumers.

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
DownTown
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy