People don't keep journals for themselves. They keep them for other people, like a secret they don't want to tell but they want everyone to know. - Marilyn Manson
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why do you love/hate Deepak Chopra?

User Thread
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
From my experience people either love or hate this guy. I've seen a couple of interviews with him on youtube and he seems like a pretty cool guy with a good sense of humor. His philosophies are in line with Buddhism and new age stuff.

So what are your reasons for loving him (if you love him) or hating him (if you hate him)?

p.s. To Decius - I made a poll for this. Is there any way I can link to it or have it displayed at the top of this thread? Thanks.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 31yrs • M •
ToFly is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I want to get rid of Deepak Chopra! He act like his has power to convince people about way of living, religions and mind-body medicine. He a fraud! If people want to have a happy life, we know the road to our happiness by learning from our mistakes, from knowing what best for our well-being (Body, Feelings, Mind, etc.) not by other people; like Deepak leading us to a better way of living for money. Trust me I wouldn't pay for happiness or for well-being of my dysfunctionality when I truly know what kind of help I need to function right. For his mind-body medicine work he created; I think its not 100% accurate and safe when someone is physically sick.

38yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that EOTW is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I like what Deepak says about the ego in this video at 1:16.

He's not my favorite guru but he has some interesting things to say for the general public.
This video appears to have been removed

"Nothing Happens On The Internet."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy