This is the only life you've got - Bob Yow Z!
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Sarah Palin VP?

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sarah Palin VP?
The day immediately following Obama's acceptance speech, McCain threw out a shocker by announcing Sarah Palin as his running mate. Just in the last hour I have heard every perspective and opinion about this pick. It does indeed level the playing field in a "whose campaign is more historic" sense, but as far as political issues are concerned I don't think this is a good choice for McCain. I think McCain has alienated his sexist gun-toting, beer guzzling demographic who will probably sit at home instead of voting now that a woman is involved.

Now McCain must be hoping women are just as sexist.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 34yrs • M •
mysteryclown is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Hmmmm........I dont really care......maybe the idea of a woman vice-president is absurd and will shock many voters......but...."no matter if the cat's black or white, as long as it catches the mice..?"

"Death is funny...."
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Wyote, I would like to disagree with you here. A lot of woman were willing to vote for Hilliary just because she is a woman. Those same voters are not voting for Obama, McCain is becoming farther and farther right (<-- politically that is) everyday and might be able to salvage almost all his skin head American votes while picking up the votes of feminists.

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Wyote, not only that but McCain was born in 1936 and he just turn 72 recently and if he dies in office Sarah Palin will have to step up and become the most powerful person on the planet. I don't think she would be ready for that.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Perhaps my post wasn't clear, but you are in total agreement with me zach. McCain is banking on the fact that women are sexist. They don't care or even understand political issues, they just think it would be neat to have a woman VP and potentially a woman president (as Cryptic pointed out McCain is older than dirt).

What I don't know is if there are more ecstatic feminist women or more sexist lazy men. Whichever there are will determine the outcome of the election.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I gotcha but I thought that you were saying that he was going to loose a handful of highly prejudiced voters due to his choice but I don't think he will. It'll be interesting to see what those voters due in the end.

The real thing that needs to be pointed out here is that we have a country of people who are willing to vote for one candidate because he's a minority and another because his vp is a woman. Kind of makes one wonder if people really care about whats going on around them.

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I thought that you were saying that he was going to loose a handful of highly prejudiced voters due to his choice but I don't think he will.

I think this quite possible, to some degree, specifically the old white MAN cronyists, but will likely be offset by loyalism and no one else to vote for or some other such variable, like having a pretty lady to look at, heh.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
Sarah Palin VP?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy