Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What are you? Seriously.

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that allimar is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What are you? Seriously.
Someone who is greedy will take what they can and give nothing back.
The moment they start to give or donate, they become good.
Why then is it evil to allow myself to be taxed, to ensure prosperity for others?

Someone who steals is a thief.
They are a parasite to the world, they steal what they didn't earn and are considered wrong doers.
Then how is it look as good when someone makes money off the stock market? The only money you make there is from taking money from other people, we are stealing and everyone is fine with it.
Why is this considered good? Or even moral?

If you don't understand how the stock market works I'll explain if you ask.

Liars are not to be trusted.
They lie to get what they want, twist words and reality into there own world to trick and fool others. when someone lies, its supposed to be considered horrible and dishonorable.
And yet, in American politics, if someone lies, its ok as long as they have power.
'Ask a man a question, and he will tell you what he thinks you want to hear. Give a man a mask first, and he will speak the truth he knows' Unknown

Your thoughts.

"The more you learn, the less you know."
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Black Gold is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Just one... An investment in some stocks allows for projects to be funded by that company. If the projects were of benefit, perhaps money well spent. And, I guess, some people get to decide who to give funding to in this way...

On the other hand, I'm not that fond of the whole trade system, as you may have noted from the thread "Would society be better without money"...

"There is no negative one..."
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The stock market is moral because it has an assumed equal playing ground and all of its participants are aware that they are participating.

The thief is not on an equal playing ground because the people he is stealing from are not trying to participate in the game he's playing. That's unfair which in turn makes it immoral.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Stocks are unfair not because the people playing don't know but because the people on the outside who refuse to be the thief must deal with the consequences of the stock investors actions.

Take Warren Buffett for example he can drive the price of a stock up just by speculating that he will be buying into and usually this results in the company having a advantage because people invest, a company has more money thus a advantage, all due to one mans speculation.

Personally I think people should just have to hold onto their stocks and get a percentage cut equivalent to what they own (dividends) and not be able to trade (person to person) them because it would cut down on the amount of people that invest because they can handle the risk. Which is what causes speculation investing which as we all should know is bad.

But investing is a very good way for business to thrive and it would be almost impossible for them to grow if it weren't for stocks making them a very essential part of a society.

Lastly lieing is something almost everyone does and it must be done on a need to do basses. If people of the public do it and people in power I view this in a very negative light. But this does not mean they are not to be trusted one just has to be more in tune with that persons true nature and what they will most likely revert back to.

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 43yrs • M •
Theophylaktos is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
You cant trust anyone in the stock market. I tried it some time ago and tried to research and use guides and follow what people suggested to learn and be good at it. I'm convinced now that you cant win at it as a small person.

only big companies swing stock prices back and forth and you cant control or decide how it goes. market predictions are all crazy... even if a company is good it may drop just because the market thinks so. there goes all your money!

38yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that EOTW is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Greedy people know how to make money. Moral people don't.

'nuff said.

"Nothing Happens On The Internet."
What are you? Seriously.
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy