Grown-ups never understand anything by themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Boo Micrsoft, Yay Apple

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that allimar is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Boo Micrsoft, Yay Apple
When an Apple fan sees someone using Microsoft they say, "boo boo! EVIL Microsoft"

When a Microsoft or Linux user sees an apple fan we say, "Aww" *pats them on the head and walks off*

I never understood how apple says there stuff is open sourced, when everything is proprietary. Or how they could be considered good, when they wanted to charge people money for connecting house hold goods with fire wire per connection. Or say Microsoft cant stand competition when they bought huge NON voting shares from Apple to keep it afloat.

If you look at the amount of users per viruses, apple gets the same % of viruses as Linux and Windows.
If you look at the hardware of Apple vs Windows OS companies, apple skips out on quality, every time and they are still more expensive.
Microsoft is consistent and are in the standards business. As unreliable there reputation, they are actually pretty reliable.
Vista tried to implement similar Mac limitations and people cried foul, but paid no heed to Apple.
Apple users say they don't like the extra BS that Micrsoft has running in the backround (you know the ones you don't know are running in the back round of apple but they wont show you unless you hack it) but admire the little stuff apple comes with. There so nice ^_^

The list goes on, Apple is the one that would love to charge you for every change you make on your system. Prevent you from using any other programs if they don't like it.
And nearly every commercial Apple has come out with was a blatant lie if you researched into it.

If I'm wrong, tell me please. Prove me wrong.

"The more you learn, the less you know."
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
True that.

I read a article in wired about how apple treats its employs like crap. It weird they don't don't give their employs much time off and stuff and then kind of drive them like slaves.

I did some research on them and there profit marine is huge like 16% I not sure if thats correct give or take 2 % and i'm sure its correct. Thats before the product even hits the shelfs.

Lastly apples suck for gaming thats a tell tale sign your computers suck. When you have millions of people using them and still company's won't put out "modern" games for them.

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Make no mistake, both corporations are out to rape your pocketbook... with as little effort as possible.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 40yrs • M •
I have given it time. I have an iphone, the more I try to configure the thing or customize it the more I feel like a child. Microsoft seems to give the nice balance between the freedom of Linux and the apple following.

40yrs • M •
After owning an iphone, constantly deleting the crap iTunes keeps installing, and dealing with its proprietary software I have one thing to say.

Go burn in a fire apple.

If you take a moment to read the terms also you are paying to use this device and follow what we say. Or we break your device.

Thinking about the whole ordeal, I would have to say that Apples motto of, "Think different" and being part of the hip crowd is completely backwards. You think only in the parameters apple lets you. As well as charging you more for anything you buy. Because it¡¯s an Apple product.
I was going to wait on typing this until my contract with apple is over, but I found this comical article on cracked.com and figured to add my 2 cents and enjoy my time in China. Feeling better about voicing my opinion in a place where facebook and youtube isn¡¯t allowed.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18377_5-reasons-you-should-be-scared-appl
e.html

37yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that mutnuaq is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Apple only exists for the same reason Hot Topic is still open. They sell their product to a group of people who use products to associate themselves with a particular social group. In this case It's Apples for Liberals. Hot topic for teenage/early 20 losers that don't fit in with the reg mainstream so they have their new mainstream which they say isn't but clearly is. Apple computers for the most part suck. Thanks for the Ipod and Iphone those are great. You can shove that Itablet right up your ass cause it's a huge useless overprices pos with no real purpose. Just get a fckin laptop if you want something that large that does multiple things.

"334jui8"
 40yrs • M •
I would have to replace liberals with idiots. People who don¡¯t care to understand computers or who think they are better for music and art.
IMO the ipod was good, then another company made it as good as it could be. The iphone was good, until someone else once again made it better. Not with better technology, but with better implementation.

If Apple were to make a chariot, it would cost twice as much to make, a cookie cutter design, the wheels would have sixteen sides rather than being round. Break down if it went off road or used a road other then the roads paved by Apple unless you paid a fee. However, it would be easy to use by anyone.

Boo Micrsoft, Yay Apple
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy