What is the best training for a writer? An unhappy childhood. - Ernest Hemingway
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

WTF Christianity

User Thread
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
WTF Christianity
Christianity (cathlics ecspeically) makes things up as it goes, the hole relgion is a shame, they tell their followers what they want as they want as they see fit in accordance with there struggle to keep power of the world's population and its polictical beliefs.

The idea that a orginzed fraction could be centered around the belief system that they hold to be true and people buy into blows my mind. They opperate in a similar fashion to big brother from Orwells 1984. They openly express idea's that science has proven to be incorrect. Then they deny their former beliefs after they realize that people are starting to listen to science instead of them, by swiching there opinion on the subject and then not commenting on it.

I also find that some of the religion has been made up from people who claim that they have a close connection to the lord from reading a book that he didn't write but because they think they've read it a lot and that gives them the privilege of interpreting a higher beings word who can only talk to select group of people through epiphany.

The sad thing is that most of those idea's are followed more closely then the teaching of their last profit. The religion as a hole is one is joke. I would laugh but while i was laughing they would try to kill me because i don't follow their teachings of there lord like they have tried again and agian and again.

History repeats its self and for such a old origination you think they might of learned but they don't they constantly try to convert people who don't want to get converted and then start wars because they don't want to follow there beliefs.

Which that even considered maybe conforming the world to one thought might not be a bad idea. It would elimate a lot of wars and such ... except that when you get to that point the world will come to a end.

As a whole this relgion is a cover up for people who don't want to think for themselfs and don't want to be responable for there actions and it's leaders want power for the sake of power.

The relgion is on a regine to destroy non-beleavers and if that means dragging themselfs into the destruction just for the sake of elmination of thought then they will do it.

Christianty = Big Brother
Pope = O'brain
Followers = Winston
True love of man = Julia

Time to follow your true love and discover what freedom feels like.

The only difference is this time Big Brother will not win you have the choice you can fight don't give in. Thought is not a crime it is needed fuction of soicty. The world will change that is a fact but if that change is for better or for worse is in your hands.

Comments?

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that doom123 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
wow. another thread trash talking Christianity... is it not a waste of time to sit around and search for flaws in something? even more so on something that most people already know to be flawed? its becoming almost neurotic, desperately trying to find something to refute. what does this prove?

im not saying we shouldn't critique religion, but i feel the fact that it's always Christianity thats being critiqued is a bit redundant. i feel like ive seen this kind of thread on this site 1000 times.

"if life has no point whats the point in talking about it?"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
No, not everyone does know, it's just as corruption and mental prisons in so many forms are not well known.

It could be argued that this is well known, but it is not the prevalent societal norm, even though many are aware of some things, we have not broken free of these corrupted cultural prisons as a whole nor as a majority.

When people with this open ideology are the ones running things, or at least free to openly exist, and not appeasing others for fear of retribution and political and professional censorship and lynching, then we won't have to bring it up so much.

Untill then, we have to still wake people up and provide encouragement, and the constant reminder that life without these things does not equal chaos and lack of basic moral values, yes, minus hypocritical nonsensical values, but not the basic sensible ones.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that doom123 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ironwood, you have a good point. i have become so disassociated with Christian control freaks that ive lost sight of it as a problem. im currently enveloped in a discordian group located in northern California. i haven't seen any christians in a long time.

"if life has no point whats the point in talking about it?"
 28yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that xdanishx is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Christianity is in itself evil, and the bible is full of stories that any okay writer can make up, if christianity is so perfect than why would they rewrite the bible ,that would be like me getting an autograph from the most famous person in the world throw it in the trash and sign my name on a different piece of paper.

28yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that xdanishx is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
if god is perfect and a peacful person then why in Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NAB does it state If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife.

and in Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT does it state If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

and in 2 Samuel 12:11-14 NAB it statesThus says the Lord: 'I will bring evil upon you out of your own house. I will take your wives [plural] while you live to see it, and will give them to your neighbor. He shall lie with your wives in broad daylight. You have done this deed in secret, but I will bring it about in the presence of all Israel, and with the sun looking down.'

Then David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the Lord." Nathan answered David: "The Lord on his part has forgiven your sin: you shall not die. But since you have utterly spurned the Lord by this deed, the child born to you must surely die." [The child dies seven days later.]

now i dont know why even the most evil man on earth would do or even say any of this. to you christians out there I bet this says alot about your so called lord.

WTF Christianity
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy