You have the right to free speech, as long as you're not dumb enough to actually try it - The Clash
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Communism?

User Thread
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Communism?
I turned on the T.V. a couple days ago and watched a couple hours of random show's. I got the feeling that a lot of telivision is still based a fear of communism just like movies back in the day. If you don't know what i mean like Avatar on Nickilodean is about the scary (red) fire nation trying to take over the world with there evil leader. Is this just me, lack of idea's and orignality, or a red scare that never really died. Just wondering if i'm alone in this thought

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Zach I was watching the Smurfs and started to think that the show could be in a way a communist show. It seems to me that the show is promoting communist ideals and beliefs. I not really am talking about the hammer and sickles and media driven stuff from the cold war but more of the concepts and principals. One all the Smurfs shared everything, they all had a job title, they don't do any other job than their own, they dress alike, papa Smurf was the leader and he had a red cap (red color of the communist). It could all be coincidental, but I don't know kind of a stretch so take it how many.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ChokingV is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think the avatar thing is a little bit of a stretch, but yes, there are a lot of things around today that are still based on a fear of communism. ever notice how in school they never taught the actual principles of communism, just that it's evil and should be hated? i'm sure there are better examples of this lingering red scare on tv, i just haven't watched tv in a while so i can't think of one at the moment, if i come across one i will be sure to post it.

"i don't like the idea of "nothingness", it makes me anxious"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that doom123 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
communism. ideological babble. hah

"if life has no point whats the point in talking about it?"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ChokingV you are right in schools today they really don't elaborate on the fundamentals and concepts of communism. They only teach fear and simplistic ideas, but what ever those who want to enlighten them selves will seek that knowledge on their own.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
Communism?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy