We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - Attolia
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Booklet titled 'Philosophy of life and other essays'

User Thread
 67yrs • M •
bjgupta is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Dear members,

I submit herewith following booklet for your kind review,

Title : Philosophy of life and other essays.

URL: http://www.angelfire.com/ex/bjgupta/Booklet.htm

Brief description of contents:

Booklet contains reflections on various issues pertaining to life in general such as Philosophy of life, Purpose of life, Meaning of life, Existence of God, Morality, Women's liberation etc

Regards,

(B. J. Gupta)

"God exists for all thoese who have faith in him."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that fireangel is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well to begin with, there are numerous grammatical errors on each page. I think that kind of sets the stage for what the author has to say. It seems very uneducated by simply reading the words, regardless of the message they attempt to get across.

Furthermore, I feel that the entrees are rather opinionated as opposed to researched in any way. Now I realize that philosophy is not a science and therefore requires no experimental research to prove its validity, but I feel the concepts expressed in the pamphlet are based upon mere observation and reflection.

It is a good attempt at creating a scholarly work, but I'm afraid I see it as nothing more than a personal journal that has been edited and pieced together to look more professional.

I do like the quotes that are placed at the end of each section, and I feel that it gives a good foundation for further thought by the reader, but in this case, as I was reading, I was thinking of ways to disprove what was being said, and the fact that disproving many of these for myself was fairly easy just further exemplifies to me that this work is not quite ready to be professionally published.

It doesn't quite follow contemporary ideas in the field of philosophy.

67yrs • M •
bjgupta is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Thanks Fireangel for reviewing my post. You have mentioned that disproving many of things was fairly easy for yourself.
It would be interesting to know such things.

Regards,

(B.J. Gupta)

"God exists for all thoese who have faith in him."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy