If the number of souls on earth that love peace outnumbered, by a critical mass, the number of souls that hate war, what could be the outcome? - Unknown
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Environment Reserve...

User Thread
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Black Gold is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You've heard of the Army Reserve... 'One weekend a month...'
What if there were an Environment Reserve?
I'm sure there are similar things... This group would give up a certain amount of time each month, say six hours, and go about doing things for the environment...
The Environment Reserve could tackle things like: water supply (like desalinisation plants), green energy, wildlife protection, more environmentally friendly food supply, as well as many other things that could perhaps go as far as research (eg. Into areas of green packaging, and transportation)

This may well be an old idea... But I think, if I was given the opportunity to participate, perhaps with training, it would be something I would do... Many others may feel the same way, and it may one thing you could do when someone tells you the planet is in trouble, and you have few ideas what you could do...

How would you feel about (perhaps with training) go about six hours a month, installing wind-generators, or building part of a desalinisation plant, or simply planting trees?

This I imagine is an important topic for everyone...
It's just sometimes, apart from giving money (which I don't have), or buying greener products, I still wonder 'What can I do?'

"There is no negative one..."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I would absolutely love for something like that to exist. I would want to dedicate even more than 6 hours a month if I could!

Just show me where to sign up if it ever pops up!

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 40yrs • F •
TrekkieGirly is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
That's definitely a better idea than fighting over in the middle east and having our oil prices soar because of it. Unfortunately, the idea will never get near congress because it's a smart idea, and I think it would be fairly easy to do. God forbid we actually do something to help this country right now. I'd go for it though.
Good thinking!

""Those who are willing to give up a little liberty for a little security deserve neither liberty nor security""
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy