Sometimes I simply feel that the whole world is a cigarette and I'm the only ashtray. - PhoebeKnowsAll
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Medical research drug trial

User Thread
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
They said they would pay 2000 english pounds to inject me with medication to see if it would mess up. Now, i was, and am extremely tempted to do it, because im always short of cash, but i doubt i will, im such a chicken butt so id be scared, now if i was a little more desperate i would do it without even thinking twice, hi my name is so and so, and no i dont smoke, drink, have any heart problems, yes a skin condition, but no acne, so you get the picture, well what do you think about this?

I mean this is what i though, woah TWO THOUSAND POUNDS, for just trying out some tablets, now yeah ok im always hard for cash, im now thinking if i thought that can you imagine someone who's a gambler, or a drug addict, i still was able to not get intoxicated by the money because two thousand pounds wouldnt even cover the kings crown. Its nothing, but you could lose so much, but then again what if you really need the money, fast, then why not take the gamble? Most people come out fine.. right?

Does it not take advantage of people in desperate situations?
Or they are adults who consent so its fine..
Its for a good cause anyways..

I mean i could still do it, one phone call away, but i dont know, some blokes fingers just fell off at northwick park hospital in london. i have quite nice fingers, but is it worth is?

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you gamble with your body, you don't respect your body. It's kind of insane to not respect your body considering you need it to live, but people do it all the time consuming alcohol and caffeine and high levels of sugar and salt. What's a little pill anyway, right?

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 34yrs • F •
So, do you think that taking part in this drug trial is a gamble just as much as consuming alchohol is a gamble, therefore if you do one why not do the other?

42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chained Wings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It depends on what the pill is for and what sort of side efects you may get from taking it. Until you explian what these two things are I couldnt say.

But Id be tempted. Espesially if it was just a pill to stop you getting the flu.

Oh, and I respect my body Wyote.

"When I was a child I flew! Then as an adult- I watched others soar."
 40yrs • M •
It was my understanding that taking this pill could result in finger loss? Perhaps I misinterpreted what you wrote...

It seems to me like a very similar gamble though, seeing as people put themselves at risk for diabetes which can result in finger and toe loss. Also I have known people who have lost fingers while drunk due to stupidity. So, the gamble is very similar in my mind.

We constantly weigh our options in life, trying to make appropriate sacrifices for worthy gains. $2000 might well be worth a missing finger to some people. For me personally, my hands are probably worth a lot more to me then most people because I can't use my feet. I'd more readily sacrifice a toe. I'm still a whore for money like everyone else.

34yrs • F •
No sorry, the finger thing was just something that happened recently as a trial for some drug thing,an unexpected reaction. You never actually know what could go wrong but they claim that they are careful, and only allow it to be tested if it will not have harmful effects. I was just like, i mean 2000 pounds....

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Depending on the side affects, 2000 pounds seems to be a considerably low amount of money to sacrifice your body for science. That's about 4000$ here? If you end up with all these problems, I'm not sure if they cover the expenses, but 2000 pounds won't cover that.

It's kind of a toss up here. I would ask as many questions about it as you can. expected side affects? probability of success? for how long? what it's for! etcccccc

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 40yrs • M •
So I did not exactly misunderstand. It is still a potential risk. It's not like very many people who get drunk end up losing digits, but the risk is there and is increased due to the consumption of alcohol. Your risk of injury increases by taking a drug with unknown side effects.

It's like Mugen is saying, if you are well researched on the risks then you can make a better and more informed decision.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy