The mark of an immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one. - Wilhelm Stekel
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

7 x 7 = 49

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
7 x 7 = 49
I had this really strange dream awhile back. A young shy red head approached me and asked if I would like to go out with her on the first Sunday of May, I said, OK. I woke up, looked at the calendar and that was my birthday. So I don't know what is going to happen on my birthday, I'm really curious, maybe I'll just be older. But I don't think it's a bad thing cause, well, when a red head asks you out on a date, that's a good thing. Two things are weird about this dream. 1) She is a red head and she is shy and 2) She is shy but asks me out on a date? I remember this dream clearly so it must be important and it must have been in color cause she was a red head.

My wife may have figured this out. Every seven years you go thru a change.
7 x 7 = 49

So 49 must be a very important birthday. Because most of the time I don't care, but now, because of this dream, I seem to be concerned. So if there is anybody out there who has turned 49, tell me about it, I'm curious. Anybody else, your two cents are important to me also.I will not post again tell May 5th, let you know I lived, just encase.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If our two cents are important to you, because im not 49 yet then ill have a go, firstly why did you post this in the religious section.. did i miss something?

Dont you constantly go through changes, what is so special or different about the number of years, and seven... well it interests me that you said seven, it was an important number amongst religions, i know islam adopted it, seven heavens, there are other mentions of it but i can remember but we discussed it in Quraan class. So could you tell me a lil about the number seven, and why you go through a change after that many years and is it the same for everyone?

I dont think that your dream should concern you in relation to your birthday, how can it have an affect unless you do it, if you get what im saying...
What i mean is that if you have a dream and you think it means some thing about the future, or that something will happen, i believe it only will make a difference if you believe it will, it becomes part of your thoughts, you begin to interpret it, and then link that to your life, it eventually affects your actions, and thoughts., lol im not mocking this but my mum had a dream about a big fish and said i was the fish! lmoa, im actually laughin now. Like she really went on about how i was the fish, i was in hysterics, and i have a really strong laugh. i mean if i was going to be a fish i would be a lil fish, not a big one. Now more seriously, because of her original thoughts about me she thought god might be showing her something via depictng me as a fish in her dream, i mean i think your thoughts can just adjust the 'change' that will take place and base it on something related to the dream if you allow it to.. I mean her dream isnt the greatest example or even a good example to demonstrate what i was saying, but it sure made me laugh.

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
[  Edited by her at   ]
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The number seven is significant in religion, and I'm sorry, I don't know why.

I posted this in religion because life is religion according to Confucius . My interpretation of religion is that things can happen in this world that effect the spiritual world and things happen in the spiritual world which effect us here, and that's about all I know about that as well.

Dreams are sometimes a communication between the two worlds. You will dream about 15 dreams a night. The dream you remember most is the last one and this is during twilight. According to legend, it is twilight time that the door between the two worlds are open so that one can enter the other. Usually the best time for prayer and meditation.

I don't know why our bodies change every seven years either. Every cell in your body is replaced. The cells on your skin more frequently of course. But it is said that all of your cells in your body will be replaced every seven years. Of course I don't think it happens all at once.

Yes we do have choices. When the red head asked me if I wanted to go out, I could have said no, that would be my choice. But I didn't chose the first Sunday of May and that happens to be my birthday, I didn't imagine that, that so happens to be a fact. The question is, why did she ask me out on the first Sunday of May and why is it my birthday. I like my wife's answer 7 x 7 = 49 and I will be 49 then.

But I'm an open minded person. My eyes are open, I am awake and I listen. Because we don't learn anything if we think we already have the answer.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I too have seen the number seven follows me around everywhere I go... I've taken a numerology quiz and this is what I got:

Your Life Path Number is 7
Your Life Path Number represents the path you should take through life and the talents and skills you have to make your journey a rewarding one.

Having a 7 Life Path makes you a seeker of truth and knowledge. You enjoying exploring the mysteries in life and strive to find answers to the unknown. You are an analytical thinker and enjoy spending time alone with your thoughts. Avoid letting the isolation go to extremes.
Positive Traits
Analytical, Mystical, Prepared, Wise
Negative Traits
Aloof, Cynical, Superficial, Fussy
Associations
Tarot: Chariot
Astrology: Jupiter, Neptune, Mercury, Libra
Rune: Ehwaz
I Ching: #52 Ken
Tree of Life: Netzach, Victory
Hebrew Letter: Zayin, Ayin
Shamanism: Crab, Horse, Falcon, Tortoise
Element: Water
Alchemy: Bronze, Silver, and Gold
Aura: Red
Color: Purple
Gemstone: Amethyst
Crystals: Violet Rutile
Months: July
Week Day: Saturday
Lucky Numbers: 2, 4, 5, 7, 16, 25, 34, 43, 52, 61, 70, 79, 88, 97, 106
Flora: Crocus, Geranium, Poppy, Fern

you might find these little articles interesting as well:
http://www.crystalinks.com/numerology3.html
http://www.futureinfos.com/free/numerology/7.php
http://www.aryabhatt.com/numerology/challenges.htm
http://www.allnumerology.com/DO_reading01_Pinn01.htm

From what I've read from these, namely, the last link, I believe what you may be experiencing is a transition from a specific point in your life to another. But I'm afraid that's all I can tell you. Anything else you may be wondering is a matter of self-exploration..

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
7 x 7 = 49
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy