Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

World Peace

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
LgateSwayD is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
World Peace
World peace is can never be accomplished becasue peace is subjective. What do you think?

"Self revelation is anhilation of self."
 34yrs • M •
PPLSCHAMP69 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
FUCK PEACE
WELL NEVER SEE IT IN OUR LIFETIME SHIT!!!!!!

34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
World peace is never going to be attained because peace is subjective. As Decius has pointed out peace can be defined in many ways so before leaving your question it would have made sense if you had stated what you meant by peace. I'll add something to it though, though you did leave it quite open so perhpas you can clarify what you meant and wanted. I'll answer according to what i understood from the question.
I believe peace can take so many forms, peace can be sucess, it can be contentment, it can be understanding. For some it can lie in the pain of others, in the form of revenge

Now when i hear world peace i think it is a state when the world is not fighting against each other, i.e there are no wars. However even if this was to take place, how long could it last? Humans are greedy, selfish and at times quite stupid. There are religious wars going on right now, even if they dont use guns to clear the floor. There are conflicts between people within the same country. I dont think world peace will ever be obtained because it would mean there wouldnt be conflict. That, i dont know how that would come about, unless everybody became mindless zombies who all held the same programmed views.

About peace being subjective, it is subjective because it means different things for different people. One person in a silent room could be relaxing, enjoying the silence, wheras the second person would be under serious stress because they find silent situations lonely and scary... its just an example.
If world peace is peace for every single individual in whatever shape, form and size within their minds and places of security, at a single time, then world peace will never be attained. If it is a world with no conflict, humans perceive life as they do, and they dont always agree with each other, so conflict arises, then world peace will not be obtained. If it is a world with no war, meh, perhaps.
Peace is a internal feeling, even if you are in a state which is considered by others as uncomfortable, and undesirable, you may be in a state pf peaceful content because of some reality you understand. Peace can be security, peace can be, peace can be... anything as long as it makes an individual feel secure at some moment in time.

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
World Peace
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy