Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Wisdom Institue of Understanding

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Gabriel23 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The Wisdom
Institute of
Understanding

Mission Statement: To help people consider a broader range of perspectives, when handling and dealing with reoccurring life patterns, personal patterns, social patterns, and thinking patterns. In addition to show similarity in opposing perspectives, with an emphasis on sharing group experience.

Rules for attendees
1. Pay nothing
2. Come by choice, leave by choice.
3. Negativity must be left at the door.
4. Respect and listen to everyone equally
5. No judging allowed
6. Be honest and truthful

Atmosphere: a relaxed environment is essential in every learning environment; this should be a place of relaxation and comfort.

Out of class thinking 'assignments'

Journaling will be asked at the end of each session. The topic will be chose at the end of each session. The attendees will be asked to write their journals based on past, present, or future scenarios where they think the discussion topic discussed is, was, or will be relevant to their lives and their perspectives of their lives. If the topic is something they are unaware of, or do not feel is applicable, hypothetical situations will be provided to help them recognize or point out where it might be relevant.

Open discussion topic:

At the end of each class, I will allow someone to choose a topic to discuss freely amongst the attendees. No person shall be forced to discuss the topic, no will they be expected to remain for the open topic discussion.

This is the format I have decided on for this "school" Please give your thoughts

"I never let the negativity of life, dull the beauty in my life."
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jimbobby is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This is a grea idea. Good luck!

If I could just add - if this were me I'd start the lesson with a pep talk that goes something like this.

Remember - that bravery is said to be the prime feeling that man can have - and there's good reason for this. From this stems all the other great attributes that we observe. Without this nothing great will come to friut. Nothing worth pursuing can come out of fear - so be free to express yourselves confidently.

"Only gay people have quotes to look good"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Its all good accept, what's wrong with negativity?

See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil, but you know what, there is still evil.

Because sometimes a glass isn't even have full, some glasses might only have a drop in it.

Those who suffer are just as important as those who are more fortunate.

It all sounds good, but I'd have to leave because your institute has that one problem.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
As well, whats wrong with judging people? Its good for insite and if someone judges someone wrongly they can also grow from it.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Gabriel23 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I suppose I could amend my rules on negativity, yet that is no reason to not join in the understanding...It seems more of a nit picky reason not to agree, just my opinion. As far as judging goes, judgment is often times miss understood. Judging comes in a variety of forms, as does negativity, the key for both rules is that, those two items tend to hinder ones ability when it comes to attitude, they are both addressed in the cirriculum, but they are condoned from the learning environment, for positivity sake. This institution is to teach positive understanding, and the understanding of why we feel and understand the way we do, for a hope in change. Thanks.

"I never let the negativity of life, dull the beauty in my life."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy