Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

No Spin Talk

User Thread
 45yrs • M •
pentupentropy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
No Spin Talk
I wanted to introduce myself - My name is Matt. My website is http://www.nospintalk.com - mostly about politics and stuff that aggravates me. I think Captain Cynic represents a whole society over a span of generations, so I actually looked up the domain, which is how I landed here.

I'm a NY'er, so maybe come off a little cocky at times, but I've seen southern hospitality and it wasn't so hospitable.

I know a little about a lot (yes, unfortunately I'm that guy) So anyway I'm useful if you have a broadly generalized question like, "Where did the Easter Bunny come from?" Maybe that's more specific, but it came from eggs and rabbits representing fertility and yes it is pagan.

Anyway, I don't know the exact physics behind Planck or Kepler, but I understand them because they figured it out first. =)

I am linux guy who has worked in huge corporations and taught in small schools.

Yeay, that's it. Happy April Fools' day.

34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
okay hello matt..nice to meet you.. i would like to introduce myself too.. im laylah.from god's fav place on earth..london. now matt seeing as you know a lil about everything.. could you tell me when april fools started and why..? thank you

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
 45yrs • M •
pentupentropy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I actually don't know. The closest I can tell you was when they switched to gregorian calendars and not everyone was up to date. I've never looked it up so I just couldn't say.. but now I'm gonna go wiki it =)

==========
5 minutes later...

Still reading
==========

10 minutes later...

That was just no help at all, thought they do list a bunch of famous hoaxes that are pretty cool. They say that it has someth9ing to do with the vernal equinox, though I like my teacher's explanation from grade school better. Maybe they're both the same though, as the old new year would have started around the equinox, the new calendar started it in January, hence only "April fools" would celebrate new years on the wrong day.

No Spin Talk
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy