The clowns paint their faces - Bob Yow Z!
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Young love

User Thread
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Young love
okay ive have always wondered can you be in love at the age of say.. 15.. i was looking at a thread created by oblivion and he was asking when can you say you love so and so.. okay im 18.. and its like even though i think i might be in love.. i mean i have all those feelings.. im scaredto call it love.. i mean its a bit odd to me.. like im 18.. how do i know its love and not just some mad crush.. yo oblivion im not saying anything about you by the way.. just it got me curious.. i mean he reckons hes in love.. well have you guys understood what im saying here.. or asking.. its about age.. is there an age....

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think... one cannot say it is love unless it is reciprocated. My girlfriend is 16 and I absolutely believe she loves me as much as I love her. I also think it has something to do with how one goes about expressing this love for another.. to where your other can see it the way you do and can compare how they feel.

Love seems to be a process that has so many steps and variables to get there, but at the same time, with the right person, we just know all those steps saying and doing exactly what needs to be said and done at all the right times.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zyphon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think love depends on the person.
if your someone who says i love you so you can have sex. then no thats not really love. (atleast not to me) love is something that means more. the person that you love is someone that you can be with and feel comfortable talking to not just someone who will have sex with you. it pisses me off so much when people say i love you and you listen to them and all they ever do is brag about how far they have gotten with their date. it disgusts me that people claim to be in love yet have sex with someone then leave them for someone else just because some little thing about them annoys them.
one question i have to someone who says to their partner, i love you, how much do you know about that person.
do you know their favorite color?
their food?
what they want to do?
fantasies?
nightmares?
even their birthdate?
how can you say you love someone when you dont even know small things about that person?

"sad is the heart that loves. its usually broken"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Love:
I don't pretend to know what love is for everyone, but I can tell you what it is for me; love is knowing all about someone, and still wanting to be with them more than any other person, love is trusting them enough to tell them everything about yourself, including the things you might be ashamed of, love is feeling comfortable and safe with someone, but still getting weak knees when they walk into a room and smile at you.

love has no age.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that isilomir is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
First, in response to zyphon, I don't think it matters how much you know about the person, more so that you're always wanting to know more. I for instance can answer every question you listed about my girlfriend, but I always want to know more. I think if I lost that desire to learn more about her, that would be the point where I would say I was out of love, even though I may still care for her.

I for one feel that love is exactly like this quote...

quote:
"Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends."

It's from the New Testament of the Bible and I want to say Corintheans off the top of my head... not sure if that's right though.

"Balance comes to all things in time. Some make it their duty to tear it apart. It is my duty to balance it out once more."
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zyphon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
sorry isilomir i didnt mean to suggest that you only had to know those things about someone to love them it was just an example that how can you be seriously in love with someone if you know nothing of them. i know there are people who have the whole i saw you and i just knew thing, but it helps to get to know the person more than knowing that she or he will do something if you just say the words. although they have seemed to have lost there meaning to alot of people today.

"sad is the heart that loves. its usually broken"
 35yrs • M •
arod6041 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Love has no restrictions..someone could not classify love in any form of compensation or planned acts for that matter...love is something that just happens and is blind to the eye but very much running through the heart...when two meet eachother and begin their journey through their lives together 1 + 1 should equal 1i know the math sounds wrong but together they will become a whole because they have met their other half...

"I wrote a letter just to better my soul if i dont express it then forever i hold inside"
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Oblivion is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have been in 3 real relationships so far. I have learned from them. The only thing that is ever concrete about love is that lust can easily be mistaken for it. lust rarely lasts longer than a year.usually only a few months(in my cases). But i have had feelings for the same girl for over 3 years. Yall know the story. The only thing i can conclude is that if it is less than a year,you cant know if you are in love. im not saying that you cant be in love before a year, but you just cant know if you are. You might feel with all of your heart that you are in love, but you just dont, and cant, know. The problem for me is that i feel the same way about Sara now that i did 3 years ago.we just started dating almost 2 months ago. because of my past relationships and my above insight on love, im am also scared to say that i am in love.

"If You Aint Ammo, You Aint Shit."
 36yrs • F •
passion4poetry is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i agree with arod6014 love has no age limit and I'm only 20 I've been in love one time and even though I was young correction even though I still am young that doesn't make what I felt any less real or any less painful the only thing i would say is love is not always pretty and you know it's real when you can make it through those truly ugly days with your respect for one another sill in tact or at least thats how I knew

"Never underestimate the power of words"
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chained Wings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I hereby appoint Oblivion, Ambassador of Young Love. And all the young people who have only had a year or two experience with relationships, I will point in his direction.

Well done Oblivion.

"When I was a child I flew! Then as an adult- I watched others soar."
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Oblivion is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I would like to thank all of the little people....

"If You Aint Ammo, You Aint Shit."
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ParallelShabba is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ok love is a term thrown around alot but most of the time its not truly meant I don't feel theres any real age you can be in love as you feel love for family at a young age thats not to say your serious about it towards a girl or boy but I wouldn't say theres an age limit on love but I think as you grow older your feelings grow but then again when you get older you discover new things which could break your heart rather than lead to love

"If you try to fix violence with violence you do nothing but create violence"
 50yrs • M •
ihatewomen is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Are you female? There is no love. You are a stupid ape. Go "love" your stupid, abusive, baseball-cap-wearing jerk that we all know is the case.

"Women are evil and deserve suffering."
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that SUPERBEAST is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"baseball cap wearing jerk" A very accurate description of most people (such as those god damn chavs) but dude i read all your other post and i found the "i hate women"post to be both accurate and more or less true but the way you said it did make seem like a whiney little worm

p.s parrallelshabba is a male... kinda

"i wanna hurt you just to hear you screamin' my name"
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ParallelShabba is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
you hate women huh? wow so your a homosexual? and no I am a god damn male you. Just because the only love you will ever experience is with your own self hatred how about you go suck a lemon I'm trying not to swear as much as I want to

In conclusion go fuck yourself

woops my finger slipped

"If you try to fix violence with violence you do nothing but create violence"
Young love
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy