Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

YouTube Is Fascinating

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
YouTube Is Fascinating
I have watched literally thousands of YouTube videos because I have no -social- life, and I have come to the conclusion that the internet as a whole is almost entirely useless. The "community" on YouTube is about as broad of a spectrum as you can find anywhere online spanning the completely inept all the way up to self proclaimed geniuses. There is no sense of unity - community - aside from a sparse number of dyad and triad groupings which are generally people within the same family anyway. Groups argue amongst themselves, almost never reaching out to people beyond their comfort zone. Rarely do you find people who are actually open to listening and absorbing what others have to say. Instead it is much like the real world - but far less polite - where each person simply states their own opinion, waiting for someone to contradict them just so they can retaliate with their infinite wisdom they've gathered from - near as I can tell - a bus stop graffiti drawing. The internet, and more specifically YouTube is a war zone of the mind. Self imposed and happily signed up for.

As an informational tool, the internet is astounding. As a community and social network it is complete garbage. I've known this for quite a while and I'm sure most everyone realizes this, but watching how self important people try to make themselves out to be on the internet (YouTube) is very fascinating. Suddenly everyone who can sing or play the flute or say ten thousand digits of Pi thinks they are going to be the next "big thing." It's a bit nauseating.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fairy Boy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Here is what I think, in reality humans like animals have alphas take a look at any group and you will find the alpha now the rest of the people in this tribe, group, herd ,pack whatever or the betas supporting the alpha and his/her ego and abilities.

No we move on to the internet people become sole individuals with no betas so as instinct leads they will attempt to be come the alpha by doing or saying whatever they ordain worthy for praise, but since there is no real human interaction everyone thinks they should be the alpha and flaming etc.. occurs

Interesting enough online alphas do occur the strange thing here is there are usually more than one because of the sheer amount of people in the group take this site for instance you yourself and the rest of the admins are the alphas the rest of the users here look up to or respect you to a degree now ask yourself do you and the rest of the admins also have a small struggle to show who is better.

""Veritatem quaere et insaniam inveni""
YouTube Is Fascinating
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy