Cameras not only capture moments in time. They are notorious for lowering a persons IQ. - Chained Wings
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

New School part 2

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Gabriel23 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
New School part 2
When we reflect on the words of life's most well know philosophers, I feel as though we have difficulty applicably relating there words to our present. I feel though we fail to realize that the world they lived in was much different than ours. They saw life from the basics, no t.v., no cars, no factories, basically less materialistic. I've been toying with the idea of having a "philosophical discussion group" in my area. I want the sessions to be free of charge. I want this to be equal for all in attendance, so the attendees will not need to give their names. I've gotten 104 discussion topics that would expand over 2 years of learning. The idea behind this for me is , that the topics we discuss will be used in way that people will reflect (in a journal which I would provide) on them during the time that class isn't taking place, their reflections will be specific on the subject matter of the week prior, as well as using applicable similarity to relate with their own experiences. Their goal will be to look for past, present or future areas that these subjects could, would, or have occurred. Hence, raising their awareness of the subject focused on. The classes will be basic, not on any specific course matter just the topic I choose to discuss for the week. The attendees will be allowed each week to share if they would like, their reflections and thoughts. At the end of each session, I would like to have a open discussion group for a topic picked by the attendees. People would be allowed to come and go as they please. Feed back please, Ideas, and thoughts also welcome.

"I never let the negativity of life, dull the beauty in my life."
New School part 2
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy