Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero (Seize the day with little trust in the future) - Horace
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

emotional perception

User Thread
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fairy Boy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
emotional perception
Something I keep wondering about and what started me on my magical journey of seeking out truth is that me as a person and any other human being will never know what that person's perception of any given emotion is

What is happiness to you or me might be two completely different feelings, maybe my version of happy is how you feel when your upset, during your developing stages your told how to label the emotion your experiencing via your physical reaction, but how do we really feel?

With this in mind should all emotion not be appreciated for what it is, kind of a contradiction why cant you be happy being sad?

""Veritatem quaere et insaniam inveni""
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
should all emotion not be appreciated for what it is

Absolutelyyyy notttt. Let me ask you this: What do you know about "what it is" if you're the only one who can experience those emotions like you can? If anything, I would appreciate them more because you would then possess the only truly unique a human being can have, because that is something no other person can experience.

You know what the words mean to you, and the only thing that should matter is how you associate that emotion with them. Just because we don't react identically to the same word, doesn't take away any less of the feeling that is implied.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fairy Boy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i agree but think you got the wrong idea, what i mean is should you not fully experience and enjoy any kind of emotion you have., kind of strange seeing as enjoyment is an emotion but you get the idea

""Veritatem quaere et insaniam inveni""
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, we know on a scientific level that "happy" and "sad" release different chemicals and cause us to behave different ways. This tells us that each emotion - while perhaps having slight variants from person to person - is overall felt in a very similar way. "Happy" people are more efficient. "Sadness" causes us to make poor choices, poor choices lead to a shorter lifespan. Therefore, happiness must be more beneficial to us.

All feelings should be fully embraced and not looked upon with any sense of shame. Society teaches us shame which is really the cause for all kinds of emotional garbage. Shame isn't exactly a feeling, more a perspective of yourself which prevents you from being happy.

To be more direct in answering your question, it's sometimes not possible to "enjoy" a particular feeling when it is occurring, but there is nothing wrong with doing so after the fact as long as it helps you learn and understand life better. If you are simply being self-indulgent then well, you probably want to refrain from it a bit.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pumpkinlove is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
im kind of confused by this post.. but yeah ive thought about this before.. like for instance... is my intake of the color red the same as anyone elses... or is it more like their pink or their purple...

yeah you can def. be happy and sad at the same time. .
a mixture of emotions that some things in this life happen and you dont really know how to feel. if your worst enemy died for instance.. you might feel sad.. and relieved.. and guilty.. and or confused
but why put a label to things? i say, just roll with it and if you are capaable of enjoying something, then chose enjoyment over argument or contradiction or whatever else

""if you can\'t handle me at my worst, then you don\'t deserve me at my best.\""
emotional perception
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy