When your mom says try it you'll like it, you probably won't like it. - trumpy303
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Are You Mentally Ill...?

User Thread
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Adam Seth God is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Are You Mentally Ill...?
If you walk around telling people you talk to someone that isn't physically there all the time, regularly...?

If you believe that there are forces out to get you that can't be seen only felt...?

If you believe that there are forces that come to aid you that can't be seen only felt...?

If you believe these forces talk to you in a voice that you hear when you meditate toward them...?

If you get hysterical and begin to babble incoherently in strange unwritten languages and run around the building "uncontrollably"...?

If you believe that God talks to you and directs you to speak to others what he has instructed you to say... or do....?

Are you insane...?

Or are you a member of the local church on the corner...?

Thin line....?

Comments...?

"\\\"The Empty Vessel Makes The Most Noise\\\" - Shakespear"
 69yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that willowwater is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Personally, I think that there's no such thing as sane or insane. We all have thoughts and do or say things that to some people, would make us seem "mad". I believe most, if not all the people living in mental institutions are just people who have been given a psychic gift they aren't ready for, or, they think about all this type of stuff-and don't stop to organize the thoughts, leaving their minds in chaos.

I also believe that there's a very fine line between genius and insanity. I am, of course, a genius!!

52yrs • M •
Well said.

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
One would be mentally enlightened. Not insane.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wizardslogic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Your description seems to be a subtle criticism of a belief in some higher being--God, for instance. We all believe in things that have no physical substance other than their manifestations--Love, Honor, Virtue, and so on--and we define ourselves with these immaterial things--and we often glorify these things in literature, in art, music, and in movies, and everyone believes in the existence of their "imperceptible" egos, their "immeasurable" personalities, and the human mind is in constant dialogue with itself, reassuring itself, explaining itself, hoping and praying to itself for this or that, or focusing its energy on a thought, like meditation, a project and bringing it into physical reality, or simply chattering away to itself. Try to stop your thoughts and you'll see what I mean. I guess we're all insane, then.

"Each conscious mind is alone in the universe!"
 52yrs • M •
Doubly well put.

Are You Mentally Ill...?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy