Ignore Stupidity, And It Will Destroy Itself...Ignore Wisdom, And It Will Destroy You...Know What To Ignore - Beatleboy182
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

anger

User Thread
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that littlelady89 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
anger
when i'm alone, i start to get all of this anger built up and then the first person i see, i flip out on them. i don't know what's wrong with me, i drive myself crazy in my own mind. my biological father has paranoid skiztophrenia and he's the same way i am. this makes me worry. i don't know, my own emotions confuse me and i don't understand why i feel them, but as i get older it seems like my anger gets stronger.

"free country my ass."
 37yrs • F •
mc_light1202 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Well since you are 18, you're at the age of its typical onset so if youre worried, it won't hurt to get checked out. I read in another post that writting helps with your safness sometimes, so try the same thing. keep like a daily journal or something that you can pore your emotions into as a quick release. i dunno, hopefully that helps ya some.

42yrs • M •
JeffBoswell is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
You just have a bad habit. Your actions out of anger is habitual. Just find a way to blow off steam in a way that better suits you. It's all in your head.

Some of the positive things people do are: Punching Bag, working out, dancing, playing an instrument, home repair/decor, painting creatively, poetry

If you can't do these things, and need a quick fix, or you're going to punch someone, just punch them! J/K

"I am me"
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pumpkinlove is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
do you live with your parents? haha i lived with mine and was angry just for the simple fact that they were always just... there. i couldnt do my own thing. maybe youre angry because theres chaos you cant control in your life?? who knows.. theres no need to be angry.. esp as a cute 18 year old. angers for old smelly men : )

""if you can\'t handle me at my worst, then you don\'t deserve me at my best.\""
 78yrs • M •
jimxcore is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
when im alone is when i get more angry and depressed also, especially when im alone at night i just start to get mad and depressed...anyone feel the same or is that weird?

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This seems to be the most mysterious emotion to me. For people who prefer to yell and say hurtful things out of rage... I mean people who would rather hurt someone's feelings rather than clear their mind first and think about what's happening..

I know this must be a no brain-er for some people, but it just seems so useless to be angry and make things worse than it would be to just talk through something non-violently...

Do people actually see that they're hurting people's feelings and just don't care? Are they too stubborn or have too much pride to not have to resort to violence because they believe it makes their point more meaningful?

does a punch in the face and curse words hold more weight to people than a forgiving hug and sincere apology?

I honestly must be so oblivious to why people do this...

I very seldom resort to anger because I've lived through it for the first 16 years of my life and know what it does to people.. It has literally scared me for life to see what this emotion does to people..

It's gotten to the point where it scares me because I feel they don't want to avoid the pain it causes.

Why must people feel the need to hurt before they work things out? Why can't people work things out before they hurt?

This thought has been bringing me down in the dumps for some time now...

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that fireangel is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Last year I was a senior in high school, and i would get mad entirely too easily. At one point i was so mad i needed to let it out and i almost broke my hand punching a metal pole. I wouldn't suggest doing that, it just draws attention to you.

I know what you mean when you say that you just start to get angry, i think anger is an emotion that we experience when we are confused about something, or when we can't figure something out. When you're alone you have the time to think about whatever it is that is stumping you and it makes you angry.

SImple solution... surround yourself with people. Otherwise I like the writing idea that was posted above. When things get bad for me now i try to calmly sit down and just write, maybe not even about what i'm feeling but just write.

I'll start a new story, a random poem, write something about what I can see in front of me, and by the time I'm done I feel better. it also helps if you listen to music that calms you down.

You're body gets very tired from being angry and if you can calm yourself down chances are you'll feel very tired, and very mellow, although possibly slightly irritable still.

FInd your own outlet that helps you feel better, and its best if that outlet doesn't involve hurting yourself or others. Odds are you'll regret doing those things later in life even if they seem like a good idea at the time. A lot of the time a desire to hurt ourselves is just our personal devil, if you will, haunting our desires.

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't believe I'm capable of being mad anymore. There is only one thing that I, for child hood reasons, will ever blow my top... and that's if the safety of the two women in my life are ever at risk. My mom and my Girlfriend.

Everyone else... I just ... can't.

I'll be dead before any harm comes to them. But other than that, I just flat out don't get mad about things anymore. A combination of being scared of it and reasoning myself out of it.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that ayi is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
littlelady89:
i guess the best thing to do is to stop feeding your anger with any type of negativity. fireangel is right, perhaps, you should find an outlet for your anger. try to involve yourself in arts, or in music. or be with friends who are bubbly and spontaneous and adopt a positive outlook in life. ( :

""Fight not because you're brave but because you're a coward who wanted to prove something."
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zyphon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i have never been able to hold anger for any length of time. it al just fades away. but if somebody pisses me off its like every time ive ever been mad comes back at once but in 20minutes its gone again. sometimes even5.the only problem is when i do get angry right then sometimes i dont really remember or cant control what i do. so far luckily nothing major has happened. i do get to make jokes about how our house is wholey though.(mom of course doesnt think its funny)

"sad is the heart that loves. its usually broken"
anger
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy