I have great faith in fools - my friends call it self-confidence. (Edgar Allen Poe) - Attolia
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Power of the people

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Gabriel23 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Power of the people
Ok, The way I see our government is simple. The people who control power and control the nessesary resources are elected to the government. I believe many of our officials and representatives are not, a representation of the majority, which is the working class. These people are not the best possible representation for the voice of the majority. In order to truly return power to the people, we should give all people interested in a government representation a try, whether they work in mill, or a restaurant, we should all be given the oppurtunity to represent our people. Instead of resources being the determining factor, let it be character, and morals and compassion which represents us, not just settling for the most genuine canidate. I want to be the first active minimum wage ranking government offical ever elected to office. If we are truly the land of oppurtunity, then this goal should be attainable, is there anyone who knows of such a feat? Thanks for reading, please give q's and comments.

"I never let the negativity of life, dull the beauty in my life."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes, note recently air political satire 'Mr. Smith goes to Washington (I think that was the name?) An early (b&w?) movie that was written about just such an event . . . so as they say 'nothing new under the sun?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 40yrs • M •
To Decius,

1. First of all, in you answered how to defeat those types negative campaining in your questions/analysis. Communication. To few people are aware of communication gaps, not just in the U.S. but abroad as well. Communication is the key to solving problems, it is the the thought process which shares experience and understanding. If I ran, I would state specifically in my campaign that I am against the manipulation of campaign ads, and against the manipulation of the american people. I would state that I believe that these ads which strike out at canidates are childish methods of communication. As well as bassed around ignorance. As far as money goes, for competition, I realize that it is important, but a man who is able to command attention, is able to command attention w/or w/out money. Look at Obama, he brings a message of hope, blah blah blah, but his ability to speak and communicate is what is inspiring people, not so much is policy. Now granted I won't say Obama isn't real, because we can't form a unbiased opinion of a man until we gotten to know the man personally. But his stage pressence and communication ability is what is setting him aside. He's calm and composed, from what I've seen.

2. True society is not as aware as I believe it once was. And to see through people is a learned ability, but again, I feel that people can tell, they can sense the truth in a person. Perhaps, naive. Plus, being a optimist, I believe that lying is simply a form of manipulation, which I would again state to the people I spoke with and to.

3. Here's how you counteract such questions and allogations. Preperation. If you have all of the speeches gathered, all of the paper articles as well. All of the media clips. You have a manager, strictly to keep track of that information. As well as have it on hand for any type senerio which might arise with which allogations could be presented. Call people out. In order to stop a lie, you can't fear it and you have to be willing to admit your wrong, (which I don't think I've ever seen a candidate do) Hell if you have too make a list of all your wrong doing and show it to the people. Be blantently honest. A true man not only fixes his mistakes, but admits them as well. With my heart on my sleeve and honesty in my words and actions, there is little to pick apart. I hope you found my responses interesting. Whether you choose to believe them or not. I tell ya what, the hilary and obama historical perspective. What if I told you in 1960 that in 50 or so years from now, that there will both me a african american man, and a caucasian woman running for the top seat in the government of the United states of america. I think the answer to that, kind of parallels my idea. Ludacrist, but the only things that are impossible are the things people say are impossible. When people believe like our generation is now showing, I believe that my idea of running on morals, ethics, and honesty will someday too be valid. Thanks for the q's they were good ones and too the point. Gabe

40yrs • M •
To Decius,

I've pondered you response. I realize you have a negative view of people, and their capabilities. I can't tell you what you want to hear, because I wouldn't feel right being condesending, however, I will address your final answer. If people really were lazy, immature and petty. I would not pass that feeling of judgement on to them. Instead, I would make things simpler to understand. I would cater to their needs and provide them with the help and understanding if they would so choose to except. Again, no offense, but I don't think the answers I could provide would be believeable in your eyes. Perhaps, you should ponder that same question you possed to me and deduce solutions. For no answer will probably satisfy you, but one you come up with. Thanks for the questions. As always, peace.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
It is only those that purposefully face the horrors of the world and retain their idealism that become true spiritual leaders.

Does the problem come from the fact that politicians face horrors on a daily basis, which tears away most, if not all of their idealism? If all politicians were spiritual leaders and vice-versa, would this create
harmony?

If yes, then in order to become a dignified, successful politician while still being an "average" citizen you must demonstrate and promote to your followers the effectiveness of your idealistic ways within the world of politics.

Here's where I get stuck. You may accomplish some small amount of clout taking this path, but with the majority of government systems being so corrupt today, the only way you could hope to achieve true success as a politician while maintaining idealism, the entire system must change. That kind of change takes a huge amount of power. Power which the "average" person on their own simply cannot achieve.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 40yrs • M •
Decius,
Again, you are speaking in absolutes, and with personal perspective and personal interpretation. More or less just a opinion. Have you run for congress? Do you know what the people need versus their wants? What gives you the right (besides opinion) to judge our people as lazy and petty? You are asking me to assume you are correct, when indeed, you are simply just stating mere opinion of people, and asking me to play your game. One in which I feel is extremely biased, and extremely naive as well. On the positive, you feel strongly about your position on people. You're confident you are correct about them as. I realize you want me to answer the question if I was being asked hypth. about my feelings on people being lazy (if it were true). Of course I would tell them yes. And yes they might spit on me, or yes the might appreciate my honesty. Regardless, my character and honesty is not based upon hypathetical situations. Its based on real life experience. Its based on making hard decisions, no matter the cost. Honesty is a bold claim in todays society, however no matter how critical and cynical people are, a man who truly sees life, does not fear judgement, does not seek falsehoods to save face in front of a crowd. A honest man stands up for what he knows is right.

40yrs • M •
Wyote,

The change you speak of, which seems unachievable for one person, there is still that .1% chance that someone could rise above such obstycles. Until it happens it seems impossible, once it happens, impossibilty becomes irrelavent.

36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Jesus was crucified.

"The truth will set you on fire"
Power of the people
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy