Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

dreams

User Thread
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that littlelady89 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
dreams
i know that nobody likes nightmares, but for some reason i would rather have a nightmare rather than a dream. it's kind of a different way of looking at it but, when you have a nightmare you wake up relieved. when u have a dream you wake up disapointed.

"free country my ass."
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Oblivion is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
that does make sense.

but unfortunantly,i havent had a real nightmare since i was like 5 i think.i had a "bad dream" a couple of days ago where my girlfriend cheated on me.i woke up extremely pissed off.im not sure if i would count that as a nightmare though.but in a case like that,i would rather have a dream.

"If You Aint Ammo, You Aint Shit."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I usually like them because they're so vivid to me, but when I wake up and it feels like my hearts going to explode and I can't move for a few minutes... that part I don't like.

funny you mention this, because I just experienced that feeling again this morning

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 34yrs • F •
yeah. my nightmares are extrememly realistic too, so they seem like there actually happening. same with my dreams. i haven't had a "strange" dream since before this summer. i guess when something traumatic happens that's all you can dream about anymore.

"free country my ass."
 35yrs • F •
Lion_Heart89 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i'm not sure because for the passed few weeks i've had the same nightmare over and over so i think i'd rather have a dream for once..lol

"the more you try the more you learn right and wrong"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
you know what's really strange that I just noticed? I don't ever recall having a dream that was so uplifting and so happy that I woke up feeling like I wanted to jump out of bed a hug somebody with a profuse passion...

fear. nightmares... why are there no other sleep/dream related phenomena that have to deal with our other universal emotions? hmm interesting thought, I think...

34yrs • F •
well, there's also sadness to. i have dreams about things i'm sad about. but maybe that's just me.

"free country my ass."
 34yrs • M •
but are they normally of a magnitude of a nightmare?

34yrs • F •
yeah i guess they are. but nightmares aren't always scary are they? just a bunch of bad things can happen to u in it and make u depressed. but maybe that's the difference between a nightmare and a bad dream. one scares u and the other one just makes u feel upset.

"free country my ass."
 34yrs • M •
actual I should have said night terrors. there's a big difference between those and nightmares.

I've never personally had any remarkable after effects of a dream other than what night terrors have given me.

I find it weird, that to me, fear is the only universal emotion of mine that has had impact in my dreams when they do happen.

36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Have you ever woken up from a dream with a strange mindset/feeling? I've had a few occurrences now where I have very weird dreams and I wake up with this eerie kind of not-your-typical feeling. The dreams that bring out this emotion (or feeling, I'm not really sure which) are sometimes nightmares and sometimes pleasant dreams. Interestingly, most of the times I've had these weird mindset changes is when I'm trying to lucid dream and have been working up my dream recall by using a dream journal, so I'm remembering more dreams.

Although it's hard for me to describe, one aspect of this feeling is desolation. Like you're in the middle of no where and no one is around. Also every time I awake to this feeling I always wake up alone in my house. Another aspect of this feeling though is empowerment. I feel more aware and ready and capable of doing anything.

I know it sounds really strange and I'm really curious about it and trying to take lucid dreaming and dream recall more seriously to get to the bottom of it. Has anyone else had anything similar to this?

"The truth will set you on fire"
 34yrs • M •
hmmm I lucid dream almost every night, but it's gotten to the point where I've become so used to doing this that normal uncontrolled dreams give me that feeling...

for me I've just been able to describe it as a continuing of my consciousness... what I'm really trying to do now, is figure out how I can implement more of my abilities in my dreams in my waking state that's where the real fun begins... i'm working on a few personal experiments that seem to be coming out nicer than I had ever expected..

dreams
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy