Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Telescopic Evolution

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Tibby is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Telescopic Evolution

"Does anyone here know what Occam's Razor is!?"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Uh . . what was he talking about? Hmm . . . the evolution or thought expressed as equating biological process producing thought or thinkiing?
Man's concept of being, does manifest that the capacity of thought processing as the mean value by which superiority of man as dominate species of the earth .
Christian theology directs mankind toward the aspect of "Lambs"; indictating a herd mentality in social behaviour as well as non carnivor agressive behaviour. Unfortunitely, over grazing seems to escape their survival instinct so if mankind should prove to evolve into a state of "Beinghood" then we would require overcoming these negative traits of our (beast)animalistic origins.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So this animated professor is saying that evolution becomes almost man-made - that it is intelligence led evolution based on information - sounds like he thinks we are evolving into computers. Does he think that the next step on the evolutionary ladder is artificial intelligence or an amalgamation of man and machine? Or what? I mean intelligence is only one way that evolution expresses dominance isn't it? What about physical fitness and ability to survive harsh environments etc? Is it only the nerds who will inherit the Earth?

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I love seeing this clip again, because I was wondering what would actually happen when it comes to the point where evolution (not just in a species) occurs in one's own generation... I mean we have seen things change so slowly in history, but now, it's getting to where things are changing faster and faster...

If mankind where to combine the ... efficiency.. of a machine with the ... capacity.. for potential of humans... it's an interesting thing of how infinitely fast things could change at one point.

like he said in the clip- war and all those other bad things would become obsolete, whereas peace and other good things would become much more prominent. Because when you think about it.. how far can one grow or progress with negativity? At some point it there can be no further progression because we would ultimately eliminate ourselves. But with positivity, there's always room for growth. See where I'm going with this?

that's what I got out of it.. for now.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 40yrs • M •
Sorceress:

"Does he think that the next step on the evolutionary ladder is artificial intelligence or an amalgamation of man and machine? Or what?"

He doesn't say/know, but current Transhuman though teaches all of the above.

"I mean intelligence is only one way that evolution expresses dominance isn't it? What about physical fitness and ability to survive harsh environments etc?"

No, but it is the most rescent trend since the last Ice Age. We aren't as strong as the Dinos were, we can't survive in all of the places Archaea can, but we are inarguably at the Top of the Food Web.

"Is it only the nerds who will inherit the Earth?"

If one has to be a "Nerd" to be intelligent, then yes.

40yrs • M •
Mug

"how far can one grow or progress with negativity? At some point it there can be no further progression because we would ultimately eliminate ourselves. But with positivity, there's always room for growth. See where I'm going with this? "

I do. We will eliminate our CURRENT self, but not the self of this world still in exsistance, which reminds me of an almost Platonic question: If the forms of this world die, which is more real, the forms that die or the forms that still exsist? Very existential line on thinking that leads too...

46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that doom123 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the neo-human is a cyborg. thats cool

also off topic info, but about the movie- Waking Life was made using real actors and real film in a live setting. then afterwards, Richard Linklater and a team of artists used a method called Rotoscoping to draw over the film, frame by frame. this gives it a fluctuating glossy look. As you all may know, there are other films like this, such as a Scanner Darkly. which is amazing. but waking life is unique because for each scene there is a new artist. this makes it have a wide variety of different styles. where as in a Scanner Darkly, the artist were told to follow a specific style, to make it more movie like and fluid.

sorry if u guys dont care lol.

"if life has no point whats the point in talking about it?"
Telescopic Evolution
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy