Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero (Seize the day with little trust in the future) - Horace
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What will happen when we die? - Page 2

User Thread
 71yrs • M •
Ignatius is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
AgainstTheGrain posted: I honestly think when you die , things will be the same for you as the time before you were born...

If the above were true then that means there is nothing that can say you won't be born again because conditions after you die and before you were born is exactly the same.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Gabriel23 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It is ignorant to assume there is no life after death.

"I never let the negativity of life, dull the beauty in my life."
 35yrs • M •
Drengor is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
all of you have some very interesting theories (dont my my spelling its terrible) Some of you have excellent points that one should not judge or assume what will come after death. Though it makes many wonder what will come next as it is only human to do so.. dont worry about what will be next enjoy what you have before it is time for you to depart.
I think when a person dies their entity (their soul) or what ever you would like to reffer to is as lives on. You might be reincarnated or reborn maybe not as a human.. maybe a tree or an animal of some sort. Or maybe your consious mind will prosper in the alternate reality that you deem fit. If you want to be in a paridise- some island in the middle of the stars or something like that. I think if you are kind to all and have an open mind to all things no matter how gross, beautiful or horrific, that when your time comes you will be happy that you didnt spend too much time wondering what happens next.. but just enjoy your final moments in this physical form on this planet at that time.
Makes life more enjoyable rather then to wonder *what will happen when i die*

""Anger is a fabrication of the human mind, it only obstructs the true beauty of things""
 31yrs • F •
CaliTwin is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I'm probably just making up my own theory and no one has to agree. But I personally think that when you die you don't technically "die". We're all energy condensed into matter. Energy is never created or destroyed. Our 'souls', or what I've heard are energy. So, after we die we fall into this endless cycle. We don't really die, we're just transferred I guess you can say.

52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Adam Seth God is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Nothing.

then....

Nothing.

That's the proof so far... PROOF... Not stories, (unverifiable)...

No one has returned to tell us, and stuck around to prove they came back... (convieniently) so that leaves us with what we knew before nothing....

What we know is we have this life, to assure and secure some future for our children in a material way... that's honorable...

To waste this time is waste... however you justify this waste does not make it other than waste....

Lead follow or get out of the way.... as they say

Not that that's what was being asked... but it fits my mindset...

When I die... I will leave my child an inheritence of finance and an inheritence of my living legacy... hopefully worth recieving

"\\\"The Empty Vessel Makes The Most Noise\\\" - Shakespear"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wizardslogic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What's most interesting is that we seem to seek out the knowledge of life and death "outside of us," as if the external world is somehow more "truthful" than our own potential for sel-knowledge which, in truth, is the knowledge of all, including life and death--examine your own existence apart from the so-called facts of existence--history, society, social interaction, and so on. Imagine never existing. Imagine not existing. If this is at all possible, then death is nothingness. Blackness. However, although modern science takes as a given the existence of nothingness, science cannot define it--it is beyond comprehension. So, too, "non-existence" of consciousness--my own, at least. I have always been, and always will be, exactly who I am now--not a tree, a cat, or anything else--just me.

"Each conscious mind is alone in the universe!"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Adam Seth God is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Nothingness is not blackness... that's everything

Nothingness is whiteness... the abscence of all colors

Black contains or absorbs all the colors...

White reflects or emits them all...

Just a note...

"\\\"The Empty Vessel Makes The Most Noise\\\" - Shakespear"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wizardslogic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Interesting...although, for me, the word "blackness" is just an adverb attempting to describe unconsciousness. When I've been in what is I think is unconscious I only
remember "blackness" moments before I come to, and increasing "whiteness" (or rather, light) only as awareness of the external world increased. During unconcsciousness I remember nothing, no color, no sensation; however, I do not even recall any time lapse between the moments of consciousness and reawakening into consciousness. It's only the measurement of the "clock" or what people tell me has occurred in those "in-between" moments that tell me I was actually unconscious, although I cannot actually be sure unconsciousness occured, just a really quick change of "scenery." Lol! I do think this "darkness" and "whiteness" idea you just pointed out is somehow significant. I haven't figured out why, though. I'll have to think about this. Thanx.

"Each conscious mind is alone in the universe!"
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"Nothingness is not blackness... that's everything

Nothingness is whiteness... the abscence of all colors

Black contains or absorbs all the colors...

White reflects or emits them all...

Just a note..."

Why is the space between stars and galaxies black then? That would insinuate that if you kept going into that darkness you would eventually reach some form of dense black matter. This doesn't seem so crazy to me actually...

Also, stars are so bright. Using the naked eye they appear white. Could this be because burning (which is really a selfless act when you think about it) is really almost the opposite of dense matter. Dense matter keeps mostly to itself and transferring its energy from one form to another is difficult. Burning things exist to transfer energy.

Is anyone else making any connections from this?

"The truth will set you on fire"
 44yrs • M •
The Philosopher is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I don't believe in an afterlife (at least not in a form that a Christian or Bhuddist might believe). I think when you die, your body decomposes, enriches the soil, which becomes food for plants and animals. In this sense, part of you becomes part of thousands or millions of other beings. I don't believe there is a "soul" that gets transported to Heaven or to another body.

I'm not saying there isn't an afterlife. I don't know...none of us know, but in my opinion there is not.

"I don\'t know why I am here, but I am, so I might as well make the most of it."
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
what will happen after we die, yeah i dont believe in a life after death simply because theres nothing to support such a belief as far as im concerned. If i wake up after death than great, but yes we just become part of the Earth. i guess i agree with the phiolospher but my beliefs are always taking different forms anyways according to what i learn new.

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
What will happen when we die? - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy