Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

I don't actually dislike Bush

User Thread
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jimbobby is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This post is probably going to be as popular as a blow up penis at a feminist convention.

Bush is an idiot, he's dangerous and he's ignorant. He has sent us to an uneccasary war, crippled the US economy and has been called the worst president in American history. Its hardly going to impress an employer requiring a post for future president.

Beyond that though, I find a likeability in Bush. Kind of like Homer Simpson. He's stupid, ignorant and is in charge of a vital piece of equipment in a nuclear power plant. However, he's more human than Jesus, more likeable than a polar bear, and he's damnright funny. And when all is said and done, I'd rather go to a bar with someone like that than Michael Moore.

"Only gay people have quotes to look good"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ryuzaki is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
He has always been one of my favorite comedians.

"Experience of personal reality verifies existence."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Tibby is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Idiot with a Masters from an Ivy League School. Idiot who got elected twice. An idiot who has the Blue Congress pistol-whipped.

He is a genius. He is a Business Genius, he is an expert as molding the consumer mind. And who are the biggest consumers in the world? The American public, the voters. He has allowed the people to think his is stupid. Why? Well, look! Look at what all he has done! No one to stop him? Why not? Because we all underestimated him, thinking "Oh, he is just an idiot."

As soon as you stop buying into the Media bullshit that a Yale and Harvard Grad is an 'idiot' the sooner we will get Bush out of office, and keep guys like him far away from such places.

"Does anyone here know what Occam's Razor is!?"
 42yrs • M •
Quite right. I'll retract the idea he's stupid. In fact if you take his SAT scores, which although not ideal, are the best I've got - his Iq is estimated at around 125, possibly more - so he's isn't by any definition an idiot. That was me being stupid.

He is ignorant and dangerous. By ignorant I really mean unaware of his effect. And by dangerous, this is also linked - in my experience the difference between confident people and egotsitical people is marked by their humanity. Ego makes your actions self-focused; confidence is where you are settled with yourself enough to care about people (perhaps kowing that this also rewards yourself - but this isn't why its done).

I wouldn't want a president like that. (I'm British)

However, as a leader he's effective. But more important as a bloke I'd go to the pub with (if he isn't the president) I'd find him funny. Much like Homer Simpson. He's not really stupid - he just likes an easy ride - Bush is pretty much the same - but the effect is to make him human and good for a few practical jokes - simple stuff.

40yrs • M •
I have to disagree. As disturbing as it sounds, there is no doubt in my mind that that man is not even slightly ignorant of his effect...

And come on, even if he is as a stupid as you claim, do you watch the news? I know he does. There is no possible way you can watch even the most conservative of stations, and still think Bush is doing a good Job...

Also, don't back to your first post, lets discuss those 'Worst President Ever' theory in more detail...You say he has been called the worst president in American history? By who, exactly?

42yrs • M •
You need to read my posts more carefully.

Anyway:
e.g.'s:

Jimmy Carter called him worst president ever in relation to foreign affairs

and here:

http://www.freepress.org/columns/display/7/2004/832

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6N8l8DMu3M

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/12/01/AR200612
0101509.html

http://www.nswccl.org.au/news/show_pr.php?relNum=8&relYear=2007

one for the government as a whole..

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/0729-06.htm

or a more rationally ascerted 3rd worst here...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/paul-finkelman/worst-president-ever_b_7787
0.html

All this isn't my point; its to say he's a guy I'd go to the pub with. The first post is me being British, sarcastic and iroinic.

Then again irony isn't in the American dictionary...a bit like subtle

40yrs • M •
What did I not read carefully enough, exactly? Oh, you think, because I used the word "stupid" that I didn't catch your retraction? Oh, I caught it, I just don't buy it.

If you see irony in this post, then I have my doubts it's in the Dictionaries across the moat, either. Plenty of sarcastic, though. Good for you. It's kind of cute that you find your last paragraph "subtle" too... You are no Bill Hicks, My friend. Stick to what you do best... whatever that is...

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Many people seem to have this perception of Bush being a sort of silly laid back somewhat awkward fellow. If you examine his actions as a president as well as how his children have developed, it is quite clear that this is a guise to his true nature, which definitely contains evil. Sure he comes off as one of the "good ole boys" but if we were to really get in his head, I'm pretty sure it would be disturbing... to me at least.

I don't like hanging out with fake people, personally.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 42yrs • M •
This has got too serious.

40yrs • M •
"If you examine his actions as a president as well as how his children have developed, it is quite clear that this is a guise to his true nature, which definitely contains evil. "

Well said. The "drinking buddy" look Jimbobby jokes about is one of his most powerful tools.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ah . . . let's see ya mean theguy move seem like a simple minded individual but really it is just a guise he uses to fake his actions into seemingly disconnected & haphazard but in effect they are cold calculated moves to get his way?
Like say all that B.S. (bush sh*t) at the beginning of 911 was to effectively put him into total control. Soo he is of course nothing but a self serving individual, playing "little tin god''?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 40yrs • M •
Watch out, CT, that might be too serious for ol' Jimbobby to handle...

64yrs • M •
GM1258 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
It will take decades to undo the damage Bush has done
to our economy, foreign relations, the enviornment,
border control, ... where do I stop counting here?
And that's assuming that we get a competent enough
administration to clean up this mess in the coming
years ahead (I will reserve judgment on that score).
Several economists predict that a catastrophic economic
collapse is inevitable as China & the Saudis begin
dumping our falling dollar on the open market.
Middle class workers are feeling the pinch as
illegal immigrants dilute the wage base.
But don't worry for G. Dubya & Co.
He and his pals will be living large off the spoils
they reap from the Iraqi debacle.
They are the crooks that got away....

"life is the childhood of our immortality"
 40yrs • M •
What has he done to economy, the enviornment and border control that will take decades to fix?

Several economists, eh? As in, a small handfull? What does the majority say? Do you even know?

That shiney will two-tone circle of metal called "the Euro" is to blame for our drop in the dollar, not China and SA.

What do you have against Illegal immigrants? What proof do you have that they have diluted anything but our Illegal drug market?

It is your kind of unfocused "Blame Bush for everything, inspite of there being no proof" that keeps Bush in Office. If we focused on the REAL problems he has caused (like an ILLEGAL WAR, which you didn't even bother the mention, I noticed), he would be impreached, but people, like you, keep the Country off focus with blanket rants, trying to push every problem this country has on Bush, even though most of the things you listed are things Congress is responsible for, not the President.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that SupermanGom is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Surely you all must know that Gorge W Bush is indeed an idiot. To cite the fact that he went to Yale and got a Masters is not a testament to his intelligence, it is a testament to the corruption of America. If anyone is connected both in the business world and politically it is Gorge W Bush. To those who think Gorge W Bush is putting on a façade of stupidity, you are completely mistaken. It is the people behind him and the political ideology behind him that really empowers him. In essence he's leading America by proxy. The Neo Conservative ideology is really what is dictating his policy. If any of you know anything about the way elections works in America you should know that he had the backing of the Republican base which is truly formidable when they rally around their leader. Gorge W Bush also places a great focus on his religious beliefs which is probably the smartest thing he's ever done because is guarantees him a huge portion of the Christian vote which makes up a large percentage of the electorate in America. The reason for him wining a second term was far more complex then most people realise. I just wish people wouldn't make such sweeping remarks in regard to Bush's competence. Quite clearly he is incompetent. He is quickly loosing the support of his own party on his foreign policy and he is the most unpopular President since Nixon. The fact that this topic was started makes me question starter of this topics moral compass. Gorge W Bush is responsible for the fracture of a region. Hundreds of thousands have died as a result of his government's decision to ignore the UN and invade Iraq. To call Bush likable is to ignore the actions he has taken. Obviously you've been bombarded with partisan news. Hitler was considered a very agreeable person and galvanised the German people into believing his teachings, but he's still a fucking monster. Although Bush's actions do not compare to Hitler's the principle still stands. Your actions define you, not the social façade that you put on to impress the media.

"Destiny is only destiny when we believe in destiny."
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy