Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Religion?

User Thread
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Evol is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Religion?
Ok, what is you're religion and why do you believe it?
I personaly have no religion I think.
I don't know where i'd be grouped.
Hell, I honestly like not being grouped
It gives me more of an open mind to be able to hear about and see these other things and possibly believe them, or just have more of an understanding of people and their beliefs.
So what do you believe? Do you have a religion? Why? What do you think of me not having one?
ect

"I am contradiction"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ryuzaki is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So what do you believe?

My philosophy garners around Buddhism, Nihilism, Solipsism, and Skepticism. I am also a natural born Epistemologist.

Do you have a religion? Why?

No. I would never let some one else's testimony solely guide my own. With that said, blind faith is impossible for me, and so is the fluidless nature of religion.

What do you think of me not having one?

It changes nothing really. I know people I respect that are religious and those that I don't respect for being "free spirits". It is mostly how you go about things that matters to me. If you are here at least you are trying.

"Experience of personal reality verifies existence."
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Oblivion is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i am Agnostic.i believe,as many other Agnostics believe, that it is completely impossible to know for sure what will happen.that goes for what will happen when we die,as well as what will happen next(as in right now).i also dont believe in religion as a whole.it has done more harm than good i think.so it best for me just to stay out of the way and observe.thats the main reason i stay out of most of the religious debates on this forum.i have friend who is Atheist that calls me a pussy all the time for it.everytime i think about what he says i laugh."you're just an Atheist without balls".oh well....i guess that sort of thing comes with stating your opinion

"If You Aint Ammo, You Aint Shit."
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My views are similar to oblivions. I believe that religions were just made up for people to fulfill certian needs and to play a function within society. I dont know if God is there or not, and i dont believe he or she or it or they have manifisted themselves to us. What will happen after we die is unknown to us. I see people as humans now, all trying to get through life, some make mistakes, they harm people in the process, so religion is just a path people take so as to know how to live in this confusing world, this pale blue dot. And me, i will take the best from islam, christianity, judiasm. And wise people.

However i believe religion has done more good than bad, think of all those milion individuals who faced problems and were only able to live through it because of some religious hope. Yes there have been wars, but theres been wars for other things too.

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Oblivion is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yes.i do agree that many people have been give hope by religion.but an equal number of people have been killed in the name of religion and their religious beliefes.look at the Revolutionary war.the whole thing started because the first american settlers wanted to escape religious prosecution and the king's unfair rule.The Holocaust.Hitler killed millions of Jews,for that reason and a few others.there have been wars for other reasons,yes,but there have been ALOT in the name of religion.but that is your opinion her,i respect it and i will not try to change it.i can honestly see why people think religion has done more good than harm.it has done alot of good.

"If You Aint Ammo, You Aint Shit."
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jimbobby is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You're both right. The perspective is what matters here; religion was a breeding ground for hope, whatever pretences lie around it, whatever stories; hope is the drive to achieve things.

Religion to me is just a word; like cheese. Until you bite into it its just a word really. There's all those million inviduals in history who died. La de da - get the ghost violins out and lets all mourn for them. Lets all be hippies and show how well-read and superior we are - and how violent Christians are even though you're next door neighbour is one and someone in your family is - and the fact they seem to be as hard as Ned Flanders.

Or lets not.

If someone wants a war; it could be Christianity it could be water, it could be sausages; they'll find a reason and twist it.
The point is if you have a head and its been filled with goodness, logic and reason, you'll see that most people want religion because it gives them hope. If you see flaws in it - it just means you are designed to be more independent and to start thinking for yourself rather than bashing the low-lifes.

"Only gay people have quotes to look good"
 34yrs • F •
I agree with jimbooby, yes if people wanted to fight then they would have fought even if it was about the colour of spongebobs; s underwear. I guess religion has brought alot of bad with it, well not the religion exactly, its the followers who twist it so as to fulfill their selfish needs. I think thats the problem, because religion has such a huge and profound effect on people, certian religious figures have used it so as to move the masses, and then the religion is blamed for it at the end of the day.

And answering evol, i dont think there is a problem not choosing a religion, if lets say a religion like islam isnt the truth, and you dont believe in it. But lets say it is the truth, and the ultimate truth lies in one of these religions then we are fuc***. cause thts total damnation, thats what makes me think its not true.

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think before I ever 'choose' a religion, I want to familiarize myself with every view I possibly can and understand why that group thinks that way.

only then could I decide for myself what I think is right for me. because in the end, what I choose to believe is the only thing that matters. right? And as far as I know, your age is not dependent on whether your GOD accepts you or not. "better late than never" I guess?

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 34yrs • F •
hmm, mugen, what do you mean by this:

And as far as I know, your age is not dependent on whether your GOD accepts you or not. "better late than never" I guess?

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I mean, since I wish to experience every religion I possibly can before I pass away.. If that holds true, I should be able to be accepted by my God even almost near my end, because I would have experienced everything I could and could then believe that the religion or God I choose is the right one for me.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 34yrs • F •
Well, again the problem with these religions, well some is that you have to do die in a state where you are a member of this religion other wise all your life's deeds are rendered totally vain, but God knows what God will do.

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Evol is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah,
Thank you all for responding.
Also my reason for asking about your views on me being without a religion is cause I see how jusgamental some people can be.
Depending on everything someone has gone through and how they take it shapes them.
So I was wondering how many people here who replied would think it's wrong.
I really like this sigh, people here are very understanding

See, I don't want to choose a spacific religion out of fear of the conciquinces of being wrong.
Whatever happens after my death happens.
But at least i've lived being myself, and whatever conciquinces come, bring it.
I believe that you live again and again.
I don't know exactly how long between lives, it may vary, I believe in spirits wandering this earth without a body, "haunted places", I don't believe in God or the Devil.
I believe there may be beings of god levels, and that there are Devils, and even demons.
I'm luckinly not parinoid about this crap.
But I am very spiritual.
I'm kinda into paganism I suppose.
But i'm not really into it, so i just say "Scrwe religion, I may have my beliefs, but I don't need religion to live my life the way I want."

"I am contradiction"
 34yrs • M •
Jack22 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I, personally, believe that after death, you come back as an organism one step higher on the food chain as you were before. Once you reach a certain point, however, you yourself become a god for... who knows, a century, a millenium. For however long, then you start the cycle over again. so reincarnation to a certain point. that is my belief anyway. It's based mor on a peagan way of looking at things, only with a twist.

"The only bigger fool than the man who thinks he knows everything is the man who argues with him"
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jimbobby is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
How about this: what we are before and what we are after is the same. Its what we leave that determines what carries on here.

"Only gay people have quotes to look good"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Tibby is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have none, I follow many of the Universal Philosophies of Zen Buddhist instead.

"Does anyone here know what Occam's Razor is!?"
Religion?
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy