Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

End of "the World"...

User Thread
 32yrs • M
Tsukasa4444 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
End of "the World"...
Yup, what a lot of people wonder about, myself included. I mean society-wise, not Earth-wise. It has to come at some point. Whether the world ends with an explosion of the sun(which I don't think an option; by that time, if we're still around, we'll have had the ability to procreate on other planets), a nuclear war, a disease, or whatever, it's going to happen.

I personally don't think it's likely it will happen in our lifetime... Technology and such hasn't progressed far enough. I feel that once we get to a certain point, that's when it'll all begin to come crashing down. Maybe robots taking over the world or something. Whatever. But think about it: we can only go so far. At some point, we'll have learned "everything". Life is all about learning. Once we "know it all"(obviously, there will still be things like god and the end of space), what's the purpose of life?

If we don't get that far, we're all going to kill each other. Everyone has the ability and capacity to kill, no matter how kind and wouldn't-hurt-a-fly they think they are. If someone is pushed far enough, they will do harm. Period. Whether out of self-protection, beliefs, or just plain anger. And with the current state of the world, I don't think we're going to get far enough to have that too-much-knowledge end above. People are just too angry and short-tempered. I mean, look at the war in Iraq. Pointless, in my opinion. If you ask me, the trade center incident was all planned for America's self-gain. The buildings' insurance was doubled or something shortly before the attack, as if they knew it was coming. The building also collapsed on itself; under the conditions, it should have fallen over. Plus, the building is strongly reinforced, made to take attacks like that. it wouldn't have fallen that easily. The steel would have had to burn for hours to have that effect, but instead, it fell in minutes. Sounds like demolition from the bottom to me. In demolition, the bombs are placed so that the building falls down, not over since it would be a mess. Sounds fishy to me.

Anyway.... I'll let the rest of you get to your ideas. PUTTING ALL RELIGION ASIDE, I want your opinions on what's going to happen.

End of "the World"...
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy