Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Life on other planets?Yes ot No

User Thread
 30yrs • M •
Packerfan is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I just want to see some opinions on this subject or some evidence on why or why not. My personal opinion is Yes there is,the universe is like never-ending right... so what makes us think our one small planet is the only place where any lifeform ever is,was ,or will be??? Go ahead and post your opinions now...

"Beware of the dog"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I absolutely think there is life on other planets. however, I think if they have visited before they might be a little cautious about us because honestly if I went to another world and saw this much destruction, I wouldn't feel to comfortable making any kind of communication with them.

I really think there a few different kinds of life out there. One being, very primitive or animal-like creatures like the ones we have here that do not have the thinking capacity we do. Two, creatures that may be just as smart as us but are not quite advanced enough for space travel. And three, those that do possess the ability to travel to other galaxies and are far more advanced than us.

Of course it's all speculation, but no one can honestly say that there's 100% no chance of other life in this universe. I think the reason why there are doubts is because of the whole religion thing. If we found out there actually was life out there, it would really make people rethink what they've been putting their faith in.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 32yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that xloobyloox is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I believe they're is life for lots of reasons. Videos I've seen. NASA being so secretive. The pentagon. I would love to see life from another planet.

And Mugen: Religious people are stupid. I believe in God but the people that say there is no aliens or anything but can say there's a God thats unhuman are retarded.. stupid mf. haha.

"Why kill the bumblebee when your the pain in the ass?"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My belief in God strengthens my belief in the paranormal, especially things like life on other planets. If God created such a vast and wondrous universe and then only put life on one lonely little planet I would be very surprised, like it says in that film contact - it would be an awful waste of space!

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 63yrs • M •
KerrTexas is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Yes.
Intelligent life on the other planets in this solar system, No.

However, if there was an intelligent species that had advanced space flight, and they were exploring the galaxy...even if they came close to this solar system, where else would they choose to go?

51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that washingmypirate is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
YES!!!!!!!

"Shengising Nugget"
 64yrs • M •
GM1258 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Check out this site -- it'll blow your mind!

http://www.serpo.org

I can't vouch for the validity thereof but it makes
an interesting read to be sure.

"life is the childhood of our immortality"
 60yrs • M •
unixguy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Considering both the age and size of the universe, I think it's quite likely that there is life- even intelligent life- elsewhere. On the other hand, I seriously doubt that there are swarms of little gray aliens running amuck on Earth who entertain themselves by mutilating cattle and administering anal probes to unsuspecting rednecks.

"Question authority- and authority will question you."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy