Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The meaning of life?

User Thread
 30yrs • M •
Packerfan is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The meaning of life?
Please remember that i Am only 13 years old so if this doesn't make sense to you then just go ahead and respond or go ahead with your life. Or people can just go on about What the meaning of life is to them its a pretty general subject so go ahead now...

I admit I don't know much on the subject but i like the threads about Philosophy their pretty cool and...here's what i want to know...What is the meaning of life?. I mean i love my life and all, but basically... we live to have some great acomplishments, have fun at some times,hate life at some times, and generally life can be great at some times and be horrible at others or just become a regular schedule that you repeat often.But we are born ,basically do nothing that alters this earth.This is in my opinion.

But i'm kind of confused in the part where the earth or just anything in general needs us...face if it if my life was taken away right now besides they small amount of people (in relation to the amount of the people on earth) what differance would it make?

"Beware of the dog"
 32yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that xloobyloox is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hm.. I think you're wrong about that we don't make an impact when we're born. Some people don't go as big as changing the way we all live but think about maybe one time your friend is in a crisis and they look to you, if you weren't there then they wouldn't have anyone to look to right?

I also believe that everyone is born with a gift, if it is as simple as being able to be a good friend to drawing a masterpiece. You don't have to be the best thinker or the best actor in your classes at school to have a gift so when you think you don't have one then you're wrong. I think that whoever gave you that gift wants you to use it thoughout your life and that becomes part of your meaning.

If you are a good writer then part of your meaning would to be making a difference though books that you write. If you're just a good friend, part of your meaning is to live up to your expectations and be their for people because they know they can rely on you.

I think we have a destiny, so another part of my meaning of life would be,
You're born,
You live,
You use your gift,
Find things you're destine to do,
Die.

I believe I have had things happen to me that were my destiny and if one link in the chain didn't happen, I wouldn't be were I am right now.

I won't tell you my destiny because you would just call it luck or say it isn't destiny and I'm not getting into that arguement

So, ummm.. I don't know if I really explained clearly about my POF. any questions then please ask

Toodles Doodles

"Why kill the bumblebee when your the pain in the ass?"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The absolute best thread I could find which deals with this very topic:

http://captaincynic.com/thread/36760/what-is-your-theory-on-life.htm

It goes all over the place but you can see how differently people feel on the subject from reading through that.

As I have said in that very thread, the purpose of life is to live. A simple enough answer, but what is truly important about my point is that living has much different meaning to each individual. What does it mean to live for you? To truly live, to take in each breath fully and completely, what is that for you? Not an easy thing to figure out.

Yet, in another thread I have found a good example of a detailed description of what it is for one person to live:

http://captaincynic.com/thread/67084/my-mission-in-life.htm

So, with these two threads as a basis you can begin to draw your own conclusions... which may take minutes or perhaps years.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 32yrs • F
quote:
A simple enough answer, but what is truly important about my point is that living has much different meaning to each individual. What does it mean to live for you? To truly live, to take in each breath fully and completely, what is that for you? Not an easy thing to figure out

I like that

30yrs • M •
Packerfan is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
thank you the thread you linked is pretty crazy theres alot of differant opinions but i basically agree with the life is about living lol thats the simple truth and yea posting your personal opinion is basically pointless cuz people will always disagree,

And just to put it out there the theory of god is confusing also becuase if there is a god why is there so much poverty and people doing wrong and murders if he created us all why wouldnt he make everything much better or at least somethings

"Beware of the dog"
 32yrs • F
Wow, no offence, but every 13 year olds question. "if there's a god then why so much bad." well its not as if god creates bad. We have freedom on will so if you a bad person then you want to do bad things, the result = you get punished when facing God after death.
It's not as if God made the poverty and war and murders. He didn't create peoples personalities, we develop them from the people around us. If you are bought up in a violent atmosphere, chances are, you are going to be violent too.
God can't baby everyone though life. He can't do everything for you, you have to try and figure it out for yourself.

Take a small example: You get bullied at school everyday. God didn't create the bully, its just the bullies attitude and personality. Its up to you to fight back or stand up for yourself otherwise you are going to keep getting bullied right? God can't be there by your side to make sure you don't get bullied because as a result you wouldn't gain courage you would just hide behind others and let them fight your battles. but if you stand up for yourself then you gain something from that = you've learnt a lesson.

idk...

Toodles

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Meaning n. - The end, purpose, or significance of something
Life n.- The characteristic state or condition of a living organism.

These are just general definitions that fit to what this sentence is actually asking. Now, if you're asking what is the significance of life, you only really have yourself to reference from to decide. Sure you can analyze others', but that's in the big picture. The significance is the experience. What can you learn, or what can you contribute to solving this puzzle? It's a question without an answer because there will always be infinitely different perceptions and reality tunnels on the ' who, what, where, and whys' of life.

Like I've seen in an earlier post, I think by Wyote, is to just "live". We as humans give purpose to things, such as a machine, computer, or a toaster... they all have a purpose and it doesn't change, which is why it's so easy to determine what is that things meaning or significance.[ oh, that's there to move heavy things, that's there to make toast ] I know those examples aren't living, but you see the connection I hope. It seems to me that since our possibilities our endless, our meaning is to just live and experience. I mean we really haven't given ourselves a purpose, if you think about it. We give life, we create life, rather but you don't see every one giving or having a "purpose" as if something needs to be done. I think indirectly what needs to be done is experience what is happening right now and what might happen in the future.

You need to discover what the meaning of Your life is, only then can you see the bigger picture with ever one else in it.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 77yrs • M •
Drxminus1 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Why do we need to know the meaning of life. Live life and forget about the why's. It is impossibe to get the answers. Just live life so when you look back you are happy about the way you lived and leaving life (which we all will do) we are at peace with the experiance

"Truth is what is"
 35yrs • M •
teepee is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
the meaning of life is 42...

""Throughout infinite space, everything is deliciously sour!""
 30yrs • M •
mophead is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
IF YOU STRIVE TO FIND THE MEANING OF LIFE ALL YOUR LIFE YOU THEREFORE HAVE NO MEANING TO YOUR LIFE

"evil=free will"
 31yrs • F •
I Am. is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
With all due respect, I hope you can relate to my interpretation of this so called Life. I am sorry if I get too technical, as you may find out later on I tend to occasionally "overthink" my theories. Here I go nonetheless.
I believe that Life itself is an incessant timeline of instants. Every movement you make, every sound you hear, any object(s) you touch or sensation(s) you may absorb are in complete unity. They are bound together (or much beyond that), and they are called Nows. It is in-depth and its significance is beyond its own entity. Unfortunately our selfishness has taken it for granted...
We're only human, it's the only thing we ever shall be.
Why can't we just see things as they are? The innermost beauty of all things is what makes Life worth the experience. It's so tangible, and so wonderful. If we are to turn our backs against Silence (without machines), against Beauty and what is really there, we might as well be clenched in the fists of Negativism. Materialism is not the answer either, although unfortunately we do depend so dearly upon it.
Oh yes, and another thing. Nobody is right, nor is anybody wrong. There is really no such thing. With open-minds and a helping hand I believe we can make a difference in our everyday lives. A difference amongst ourselves and others. This Life is most importantly what you have, and what you can make of what you have. You are all beautiful in your own ways, and you should not let anyone else tell you lower than what you are confident about. Not in a sense of selfishness, but in a sense that what you believe in is what you believe in, while being open-minded and respecting there opinion as well of course.

Be as optimistic as you can. Love your love and be thankful. You are not alone. There are many other souls in the world just the same as you. Life is nice and simple.

We must live to learn that. It's really the best quality of Life. Even if there is truly no meaning or point. Theories are just theories.
You choose to do whatever it is that suits you best.

I will periodically be updated to this. I would love to read any other theories.

Sorry if I got carried away, or if this didn't make any sense.

52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Adam Seth God is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The meaning of Life...?

AND what value would YOUR life have if LOST....?

How dare I...

My answers will be limited to my experiences and to my pleasure... or displeasure

I have had the oppurtunity to affect many people all at once... not on so grand a scale as thousands... but hundreds...

I have a lot of potential left... good and bad...

There is the revenge I want to take on my enemies... there is the way I want to bles my daughter and raise her like a princess... (hey the King had an army soldiers and blood all around....)

My point is that the meaning of life is circumstantial because it is full of irony... mixed with potential...

How much TIME have you got left...?

It can be spent disconnected.... high on a drug or meditating... both are disconnects... sort of a way of dropping out...

Or you can engage your environment intensly... make tons of progress rate your success as whatever is comfortable for you whether it's monetarty or some social improvement you can have an effect that you notice...

That's all there is...

You...

Very few human beings are afforded the oppurtunity to affect the human family on a grand scale so reign in your ego at an early age or meet your potential ....

If you are composed of the ONE IN A MILLION caliber...

Meet your potential and shake the earth with your business or your thoughts or your inventions... it's done all the time...

People find a way... and nothing can stop a good idea whose time has come....

And that's what we'll miss...

You're the kind of person who seems able to reinvent him or HER self ... or so I would think....
you seem older than 13 or 14 by your writing style...

that's a blessing and leads one to believe there has been some grooming in the home life...

it would be a terrible waste if you were to check out early....

Most of the people reading and writing these days can not relate to the breeding because they simply don't have it...

I'm only being so blunt because through your nicety... I sense some desperate winds...

Hope is for the unsure...

If you want what other successful people have... you may have to copy certain aspects of their lives in your own....

you can do this without giving up your own individuality...

You can even be revolutionary doing it... it's true...

If 5% of what I've said is true you have a wonderful life ahead.

Peace.

"\\\"The Empty Vessel Makes The Most Noise\\\" - Shakespear"
 73yrs • M •
Uhmaybeu2 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I am still growing into the idea of what it means to be unique. And I mean [i]absolutely unique. When many numbers of lost lives are trotted out as reason to say, "what a trajedy", I think of even one life that is lost as a trajedy.

""With what may the Devil not joke?""
 64yrs • M •
GM1258 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I think life is a sort of prison sentence.
This may seem negative but it makes perfect sense
in many respects.
Think of it this way.
When you screw up bad enough in life you go to the penitentiary for a certain length of time.
If you screw up bad enough in heaven you come here --
to earth -- for a certain length of time.
The degree of our crimes in heaven also determines the
trials we suffer in life as well as how long we stay.
It would explain why "bad" things happen to "good" people and
why some are born in poverty, with deformities, or with a silver spoon in their mouths.
In esscence, this life is our "sentence" if you will.
I think my theory fits like peices of a puzzle.

"life is the childhood of our immortality"
 35yrs • M •
gofdss is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i dont have the best grammer lol and i cant spell very well but here it is.

ok i was talking to my friends the other night and we were talking about theories. Ones like this and religion and after death. and what we came to think after our talk was that the meaning of life is to start your rifts that effect the world every day by going places doing things or interacting with other people. everything you do effects the world somehow weather you realise it or not. when you show someone love they feel better about themself in a way so with that they will spread the posotive energy that you shared with them and its a cycle that doesnt end. it also works the same way with negative energy when a person is angry and kills a person (for stepin on their shoe in the club) then there will be a negative ripple started that will effect people in the same way that persons mother is going to be sad and depressed so its going to effect the people that she comes in contact with and so on.

The meaning of life?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy