Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Telekinesis

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Telekinesis
Not specifically moving objects with the mind, but in a more general sense of the word Telekinesis - influencing physical matter with brain waves.

Is this possible? Has it been documented? Either by humans or by any other living creature? I do want to focus primarily on the potential or the actual ability for the human brain to influence physical objects or having other tangible abilities ie - The Law of Attraction

Scrutiny of the work of Maharishi and Deepak Chopra as well as the film The Secret is a good start for this project.

Support for and against the concept of telekinesis is needed to determine if this is indeed a real event in reality.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I am loving this thread and am going to go away and think of a response!

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I absolutely fully believe humans are capable of this telekinesis. I have watched The Secret and many documentaries about human potential, possibilities, and about the mind. It seems to me like we're just not trying hard enough, have the right means to do so, and are too afraid. We're so stuck in our reality and what we believe it's supposed to be we've locked away our potential and thrown away the key.

If reality truly is our making, we have to 're-wire' ourselves to believe we can make a change, instead of buying the idea that our lives have already been determined. Only then can we step into that pool of infinite possibilities and determine our own lives and what we believe can exist.

btw, I just realized sorceress has an amazing quote for this topic.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ahh yes, community research ^_^;; I just saw the title and immediately clicked on it not knowing which thread I was in haha... well, as soon as I can come up with something, I'll post it up because.... I'm actually hoping on video taping something for all of you that is very interesting.. hopefully I can do it again. I'll explain more later ^___^;;;

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wayback is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have seen video of an elderly monk pushing another without touching him, in the martial arts, this is normal aspect for those who are devout in their exercising such control.

51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This is a very interesting site and the author has thought through how to approach the subject of debunking all the magic trick claims of telekinetic ability. Like he says he's not saying all telekinetic ability isn't real, but there is a hell of a lot of evidence of trickery. You only have to look on you tube to see all the tricks and illusions out there! This makes it very hard to find any genuine cases of actual mind over matter.

http://www.thekeyboard.org.uk/Telekinesis%20Fact%20or%20fantasy.htm

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This organization has apparently proven the power of intention. They have run several experiments over the internet which have had actual physical affects. Mind over matter. They've caused plants to germinate more quickly and they made chocolate infused with "good intention" that was proven to make people happier than "normal" chocolate in a double blind study.

http://www.theintentionexperiment.com/

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
Telekinesis
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy