Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Myspace or Facebook?

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that SupermanGom is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Myspace or Facebook?
I used to be the most cynical person on the face of the planet when it came to social networking sites. But in the end I couldn't resist. I am a member of both Facebook and Myspace. I know its lame. Which do you guys prefer?

"Destiny is only destiny when we believe in destiny."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I see a lot more people starting to use facebook going into college and what not but I still like using myspace because it just seems so natural and easy to use... I found out with facebook it's a lot harder to find people and stuff like that unless you know them personally, and all those weird add ons but I guess it works just as good.. they both have their ups and downs.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ScorcherTheMe is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I just got Facebook two days ago.... and I found it to be a lot easier, since MySpace took a long time to sign in for me.

"You are what you say you are."
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Oblivion is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i use myspace.like 2 years ago i hated myspace,and everyone who used it.which was pretty stupid cause i had never used it myself.i use to think it was for people who were desperate for attention and friends. but then one day i got curious and made me a profile and ive been using it ever since. its great for friends and family and stuff like that.but i hate it when people make it into a competition and try to get as many friends as they can and crap like that.if you have over 150 friends then your a myspace whore.

"If You Aint Ammo, You Aint Shit."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Facebook. I'm not even sure what Myspace is. Facebook is easy to keep in touch with friends and to start or find a party.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoelB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
myspace ftw!

"Aint flashed a smile in a long while...."
 34yrs • F •
optimist is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
faceook!

"life is to short to have regrets"
 30yrs • M •
Packerfan is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
MYSPACE!!!

"Beware of the dog"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
my space is over run by spam not to metion some messed up people. face book is better because it is more personal than myspace, but facebook is turning in to myspace with all te new apps.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 70yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ronello is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This is my first time on here in over 3 years...just got curious to see if I still remembered my sign on & password...I've been using MySpace for nearly 2 years because it is simple and easy to use {Well, yah, so is Facebook or MyYearbook and even Classmates...}but MySpace just looks better...the page can be more personal and I can do just about anything I want with it...it is like having a website that has an instant audience. Yes, there are spammers and scammers aplenty, but they exist on all sites that are public~~and if they aren't there now, they will be.
I used to spend every waking moment here until they changed the lay-out and then I found I could live without this site...especially when the folks I looked forward to seeing online started going elsewhere as well.

"In the eye of the beholder, there is only beauty!"
 34yrs • M •
ThatFitnessGuy8 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I use myspace and it is starting to get very lame....but ironically have tried several time to log into facebook and start an account since my old account was terminated it won't let me start an account with my email address or something so like I don't know how to make a new email address so yeah pretty dumb lol.

"\"view life your way no one else\'s\""
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chained Wings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think when the internet first started being used, it was more shy people who were attracted to it. And I think it was a good place for people who weren't good looking or tough or cool or whatever, or who were nervous when in group situations.

Because it gave you anonymity. You could become an alter ego. What you looked like didn't matter. What job you had or the car you drove or how much you made was unimportant. How many real life friends you had was inconsequential on the internet.

And so you got many people who were not in the popular circles gravitate to the internet to find the freedom and the ability to be WHO they were as PEOPLE rather than who they were as that physical facade that we all are forced into every time we walk out the door.

And this was a good thing.

And a place like Myspace was like a small island where you could reach out to other people like yourself. If you were different and you found you were the only guy (or girl) in your small town who thought like you did... then you could widen your search parameters and find others like yourself from the other side of the planet. Who, had felt alone in their differences just like you did till the internet came along.

The concept was great. You could have a place in virtual space that let you be who you were. Your style. Your favorite music. Your favorite pictures, art books. Interests.

Unfortunalty, as the internet got bigger and bigger because of all the great things it had, the people who used it were no longer just the ones who found it a social escape. Where they could be who they were for who they were, and not what they looked like, what car they drove etc.

It got popular like all things that get popular. And the moronic masses moved in, and they took over.

Myspace become no more than a meat market or a popularity contest. You could not only be popular at your school and your own little part of the world- you could post pictures of yourself being hot online for the entire world to see.

And of course not long after that the spam came in. Because when you think of it- it is a marketers dream. You have a place where millions of people from all over the world come to view stuff. And the advertising is FREE.

So Myspace, which I think had good intentions and which had so much potential, ended up as a retarded Las Vegas. With its garish neon lights and its gaudy advertisements for bigger thicker dongs and its cam whores who fill their pages with pictures of themselves pouting at the local nightclub like retards on the special bus, useless quizzes about what your favorite colour is and those annoying, do not read this or at exactly midnight in three days time a midget clown called Cyril who lives in the dust balls under your bed will slowly kill you with a cheese grater and a some glitter viral messages.

"When I was a child I flew! Then as an adult- I watched others soar."
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chained Wings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

So I guess with the corruption of myspace people turned to Facebook.

And I think it has been allot more popular overall. Even allot of my family members are on it and they are technophobes lol.

The good thing about it, is it enforces things allot better than Addspace does. Its more personal.

Of course, I can see it slowly becoming corrupted as Addspace did. There are more and more ppl joining groups purely to advertise stuff. And the quizzes just piss me off.

I know they are popular because they play on peoples egos. They work on your vanity. Its all about YOU. What sort of lover are YOU. What year will YOU get married. If YOU were an animal what would YOU be.

Some of them are quite good and made by clever people and have some thought an depth to them.

But most are made by 12 year olds and go something along the lines of..

What kynd of superhero are u?

Question 1: Do you like hawian pizza?

Answer: Yes.

Question 2 What is your fave color?

Answer: Blue.

Question 3: Do you love your parents?

Answer: No.

Question 4: Are you left or right handed?

Answer: Right.

Congratulations dude.

You iz tha Incredible Hulk! Your a big green badass who takes no shit from no one and you love ripped cloths.

And of course its even gotten to the point you take quizzes to find out what your favorite color is.

Wtf? Um... I know what my favorite color is. I don't need to answer some poorly non relative questions made up by some bored 6 year old in Detroit to know what my favorite color is.

But for now. Facebook is my preferred social network of choice.

For the most part, I don't use it much, but its good to know what your friends are up to. And I am finding it interesting, as so many ppl use it im getting in contact with people I haven't seen since high school.

Hell, they even have groups for the local mall I used to hang out as a teenager and my local nightclubs of choice.

What im suggesting though, is that anyone who feels they like me and use facebook should feel free to add me.

I've asked a couple of people who I talk to privately to add me and im extending that invitation to others who are regular members.

I think this is a good idea, because it shows a more human side to the people on the site. I love this site, and as someone mentioned recently, CC kind of feels like a virtual family. And I agree. Ive come to like allot of you and feel I do know you after the years I have been a member.

And I think it would be good to see the non philosophical side to the members. The side that has a favorite cat and is proud of their car that they drive on the weekends. Or what music they are listening to, or what concert they are going to on the weekend. That sort of thing.

I guess what im wanting to do is make the members more human and less words on a page.

"When I was a child I flew! Then as an adult- I watched others soar."
 28yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Mr.T is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well I used to only go to myspace but then I got a facebook and noticed that myspace was copying facebook so I definitely go for facebook.

"Yesterdays History Tomorrows a Mystery"
 31yrs • M •
WiII is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Facebook, cuz... I dunno, dont have myspace, and I dont need it, love FB, thats all...

"I am my own legend...."
Myspace or Facebook?
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy