Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Prove the existence of god - Page 4

User Thread
 32yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that xloobyloox is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
skulls on cross

"Why kill the bumblebee when your the pain in the ass?"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that spiderz is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
How about this.

lets say that the god in all the religions is the same god, i mean god is god really, allah = jehovah =yahwa =el ( ihope i spelt it right)

all religions originally preached the same thing but as time went on those teachings were corrupted, so god sent another prophet to teach people. and then the same thing happened so he sent the last prophet muhammed and his teachings were protected. so really all religions link.

"There is a thin line between bravery and stupidity"
 38yrs • M •
NickBertke is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I think it most foolish of man to attempt proving the existence of their Gods to one and other. If this were at all possible, it would have been done by now.

I found the film 'Contact' starring Jody Foster very ammusing in that it's the only film I've seen which effectively switches the perspectives between science and religion. In the end of the film, our main character (played by Foster) is before the court stunned in tears that no one around her, all of which are scientists like herself, will believe her factual yet undocumented experience of travelling through a wormhole to an extra-terrestrial planet and meeting her father who died when she was a child.. Here, a woman of science, is now in the shoes of religion.
Director Robert Zemeckis was successful in portraying how cynical and sceptical us human beings have become, and how anyone, not just religious believers, can become defensive when an experience dear to one's heart is criticized and accused of being a delusion.

38yrs • M •
Superman 444 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
http://www.jojo-pieism.tk Pieism is a cool religion, we believe the Pie is the one true God. Our proof is the fact that 1=2, therefore God is Pie. Everyone else is a heretic.

(not really lol)

"Ur Mum"
 34yrs • F •
madnessinside is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i don't know any more all i know is i am not alone any more do you feel the same because you should????????????????????????

refer hit me up i think we would have some very good conversations about every thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"live every day like it is your last"
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jimbobby is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Its personal and simple.

If you learn you become knowledgeable. Delve into as much as you can and cover as much as you can. Develop logic and reason through education and experience. Tip: we don't learn from experience but the truth behind experience. Learn from others mistakes. You become wise.

If you synthesise knowledge and add imagination, passion and focus you create new things - ideas, jokes, cars, better beer making kits.

Some people are more informed than others.

Nonetheless, the more you do of both of these then the more you see that your question could only be answered by this dude called God.

"Only gay people have quotes to look good"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think the reason "GOD" seems so elusive is because we can never really truly see ourselves. We are everyone and everything that we have experienced, are experiencing currently, and ever will experience. That's it.

Q: Who is the ultimate "creator"?
A: You.

by trying to imagine/fathom this notion, try your hardest not to think that you have complete control over people like some may say how "GOD" is. That term to me is just a metaphor. You're the influence on others' experiences..and when you take it apart.. that could be considered the god-like 'control'.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
Prove the existence of god - Page 4
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy